Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Female orgasm question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Female orgasm question
wordnerd25
Neophyte
Member # 58644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wordnerd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there. I'm a woman and I had a question for women--when you are trying to achieve orgasm, do you find that you have to sort of mentally "go toward" it? It's hard to explain, and it's not even about getting into the right mental state or anything, but to get myself there I have to concentrate on sort of "reaching toward" it. That's not something that my boyfriend has to do--it seems basically effortless for him--and I was wondering if it was something other women have to do, or if it's just me.
Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, everyone's different so experiences will be as well. But what you're describing is totally normal.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mia*
Neophyte
Member # 66334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get what you mean . like you have almost push yourself to that state ??

i kinda do that some times .. othertimes its easy

--------------------
'if the love of power became the power of love life would be sweet'

Posts: 30 | From: newzealand | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LifeEnColor
Activist
Member # 51950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LifeEnColor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it easier to just not think about the orgasm at all. The more I reach for it, the longer it takes to reach or I don't get one at all. My advice is to try relaxing and just enjoy yourself instead of striving for just one moment. Sort of like not being able to see the forest through the trees, ya know?
Posts: 112 | From: Upperstate NY | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.