Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Help Me..... Please ):

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Me..... Please ):
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Madii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay,So Im 14. My Boyfriend Is 17 And We've Been Dating For About 9 Months. I Really Do Love Him... And He Feels The Same Way. Anyways, We Want To Have Sex, But Decided To Wait Until We're Married So Our Parents Dont Find Out And Blah Blah Blah... You Get The Point. Anyways, He Wants To Um, Finger Me.... And I Want Him To, But Im Really Scared That Its Gonna Hurt. Im Even Afraid To Use Tampons. Haha. Yeah, PLEASE HELP MEEEE):
Posts: 74 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Madii. When someone experiences pain during any sexual activity, it's usually caused by nervousness/not being aroused enough. If you are 100% relaxed and aroused and communicating with your partner to let him know what feels good and what doesn't, it's highly unlikely that it would hurt at all.

During any kind of sex it's important to take the time to become aroused enough to do certain things, or to communicate when something doesn't feel so good so you can both know what doesn't work so well for you. Everyone's body is different, so everyone will find that different things work for them than might for other people. So if you find that a certain kind of touch is just uncomfortable no matter how aroused you are, well then you just know that that's not something you enjoy, and that's fine [Smile] Communication is a very big part of having enjoyable and satisfying sex with a partner.

Do you masturbate? Masturbating is an excellent way of exploring your body and getting to know what kinds of stimulation you enjoy the most, and you can share that information with your boyfriend during sex. If you're not into masturbating though, that's fine, I'm not saying you SHOULD or HAVE TO or anything [Smile]

Have you seen these articles? They will be able to help you out:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner
She doesn't know much about her body: is that why deeper manual sex hurts her?

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im Too Afraid To Masturbate. Haha And, My Boyfriend Always Tells Me How Beautiful I Am, But Im Afraid If He Sees My Body, He Wont Feel The Same/:
Posts: 74 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Onionpie linked you to some great articles, but you might actually want to start with this one: Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

Happy to talk to you as well about why masturbation isn't something you're comfortable with, and why you think your boyfriend won't like the way your body looks, if that's a conversation you'd like to have.

[ 04-22-2011, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5775 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Would Be Great, Actually. Thank You So Much :3
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

But Umm, How Exactly Are We Supposed To Converse About This? Haha
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you voicing a couple things that seem to suggest that you want to be ready for this, but you're not. You talk about feeling afraid of pain, afraid of even touching your own genitals, and also about feeling insecure with your partner seeing your body.

To me, things like that suggest you need more time. More time to get comfortable with your own body, more time to get comfortable with your partner. Just wanting to be sexual doesn't always mean we are or feel ready to do that.

Does that sound about right to you, in terms of my sense of where it seems like you're at?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Thats EXACTLY How I Feel..... And, Im Comfortable With Chris..... I Really Am. But... I Dont Know, I Dont Do Well With Pain. And I Think My Love For Him Makes Me Afraid He'll Leave Me If He Sees Me Nude.
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay! So, that's what you can communicate to him: that you want to do these things, but that you also know you're just not ready for them. Before you can be ready, you need more time to get comfortable with your own body and sexuality, and also more time to feel more comfortable being sexual with someone else.

You can tell him that you'll keep in communication with him about how that process is going for you over the weeks or months, and that if you find out things he can do to support you in that, you'll ask, and if you do start feeling more ready, you'll let him know.

Just one thing? I'm betting it's not loving him that is making you afraid of him seeing you naked (love, after all, has a lot to do with trust and compassion and care: those aren't things that make us think someone will leave us). Rather, it's probably a lack of confidence in yourself, and some negative body image that's the deal with those fears. That's okay, but those things take time, and we can love someone or have them love us all we want and that's not going to just make those issues go away. Gaining confidence and self-love like that takes time.

And if you're afraid he'll leave you, that's probably not about love either. But what it might be about is not feeling secure enough in your relationship yet to feel safe enough to be sexual. Again, something else where you probably just need more time to build trust and security.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Im Afraid To Communicate With Him Like That. I Feel Like He Might Have His Feelings Hurt If I Tell Him That.... And Then I'll Feel Really Bad.
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Madii. Your boyfriend's feelings shouldn't be hurt by you talking about how you feel around this -- your feelings, after all, are not personally about him but about your own readiness.

Perhaps if you think he will take it personally, you can explain to him that you feeling ready doesn't mean that you don't love him or want to be sexual with him, it's just about you wanting to make sure that if and when you do become sexual, it's what you both are really ready for in every aspect so it can be as positive an experience as possible. As Heather said, there's a big difference between wanting to be sexual and actually feeling ready to be sexual.

The article "Be a Blabbermouth!" that I linked you to earlier is a great resource for figuring out how to talk to a partner about sex and everything surrounding it. Have you given it a look? You may find it gives you some good ideas on how to get the conversation started. This article is another excellent one that can help you figure this out.

[ 04-23-2011, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

You need to also know that if ever, a partner isn't able to hear and be okay with you saying no, for any reason, to sexual activity they want, that's a very clear sign that THAT person isn't ready for sex with someone else, either.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Okay, well, he tried it and i told him no. we were in the woods- VERY hot- and, there was lots of heavy petting and dry humping.... and my vagina hurts like really bad..... and, i want to give him a handjob, but i dont exactly know how....
Heather
Member # 3

I'm a bit confused, Madii. Are you saying you told him no about something and that no wasn't respected?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Haha okay, he was trying to finger me, and i said no because it was hurting. So, like, we were kissing and petting..... and i got on top of him. and he like, dry humped me.... haha it wasnt bad, but afterwards, like i hurt. really bad.
Heather
Member # 3

You say it wasn't bad, but was it good? When you were choosing to do that, was it feeling good for you at the time? was it what you wanted to be doing?

Have you also yet had the talk with him we've been talking with you about having?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

It was good(: and it was what i wanted to be doing.... and, ive had that talk with him, and he said it was fine if i didnt want to do anything with him ever, he just wanted to be with me, and if i wanted, we could try and work all that out together until i felt comfortable with it all.
Heather
Member # 3

Well, hopefully HE wants to work together with you on all of this, no matter what: after all, this is a big part of what sexual partnership is about. In other words, in a good sexual relationship, we're always working together to make sure that anything we're doing works for both people, and that we're not doing anything either person doesn't want, isn't ready for, or doesn't like.

If things felt good at the time, but you had soreness later, it was likely just about the friction on that activity, which can rub things a little raw.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Thanks For All The Help!!!(: I Have One More Comment/Question Kindof Thing Though.
Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing: ask away!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

How do i go about giving a good handjob? like, ive never learned how, so im worried that when i do it, ill fo it wrong
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not really a "do it wrong." What there is though, is that everyone's different so our likes and dislikes are all different as well. What works for one person may not for another. So the best thing to do is ask the person what they like, and they can even let you know throughout what feels good and is working and what may not be.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heero222
Activist
Member # 27731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heero222         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best thing to do for a handjob Madii is simply to have him show you how he does it and then copy that movement.
Posts: 58 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nighteyesv, this post is a few weeks old already, and the original poster seems to have been satisfied with the previous replies. We please ask our users not to reply to older threads unless they have a similar problem, because it doesn't add anything new and only takes up unnecessary bandwidth.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.