Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » :S Unprotected & Freaking Out! HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: :S Unprotected & Freaking Out! HELP!
BabyGurl*
Neophyte
Member # 63935

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BabyGurl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so i'm new to this whole thing.
Anyway This is what i need help with. So my boyfriend and i are amazing but the thing is last night at about 7pm we did something and we recognize that it was totally stupid and we shouldn't have done it. I'm freaking out pretty bad but im trying to relax cause i know it will only make the situation worse. We had unprotected sex. I've read stuff about prejack but everythign says something different but i'm still pretty sure i can get pregnant off this :S He never let himself even get close to ejacking thank god but he did penetrate into me. This is why i am so scared. We always have used condoms before this and i have been on birth control for just about a year. I never missed any pills just the no condom thing. I'm supposed to get my period on may 8-sunday- so hopefully it comes :S FINGERS CROSSED!
If anyone could help Please help calm me down but i want Honesty!! Thanks!

--------------------
BabyGurl*

Posts: 10 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you use your birth control pills properly AND he used withdrawal correctly -- like you said, he withdrew way before he ejaculated -- then your pregnancy risk is exceptionally low.

It's sexually transmitted infections which would be the concern for sex without a condom (but where two other birth control methods are used), not pregnancy. So, are both of you up-to-date with your tests for STIs?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyGurl*
Neophyte
Member # 63935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyGurl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank youu!! That makes me feel a lot better. I have never done a test because before my boyfrend now i had never done anything other than kiss with any other guys. As for him, he had one done a while ago and was clean so i am hoping this is the case now. Thanks Heather [Smile]

--------------------
BabyGurl*

Posts: 10 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For his tests, do you know what he was tested for, and how long it had been since he'd had another sexual partner when he got them done? Do you also know if, besides you, he had any sexual partners after he was last tested?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyGurl*
Neophyte
Member # 63935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyGurl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure what it was for or anything for that matter [Frown] I know he was with qute a few other girls before he met me but i'm not really sure when he was last tested this is why im also scared of getting something.

--------------------
BabyGurl*

Heather
Member # 3

So, here's what you'll want to do.

1) Find out what he was tested for last and when. If he's had any partners since he was last tested, wasn't tested for everything, and/or it's been over a year since his tests, he should go back in and will want to ask for a full panel of tests and check in what he is being tested for. Men can't get tested for HPV, but he can be tested for everything else.

2) Wait a month or so (unless you see any weird symptoms before then, even though it's most typical for people not to see any with most STIs), then start o your own yearly testing, asking for a full penal of tests. If you haven't gotten the HPV vaccine, you might also want to find out about that to decide if that's something you want and can get.

3) If he hasn't been tested in a while, or has had other partners since his last test, to prevent STIs as best you can, you'll want to be sure to go back to using condoms for any oral, vaginal and/or anal sex until he's been tested again with negative results and it's been at least six months since he was with any other partners.

Okay?

[ 05-02-2011, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

BabyGurl*
Neophyte
Member # 63935

Okay [Smile] Thank you so much. And i know it's been at least six months since any other partners because we've been together for just about a year and a half. Thank you so much [Smile] This really helped me!!! [Smile]

--------------------
BabyGurl*

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.