Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Is it butterflies,,?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it butterflies,,?
Kaytie
Neophyte
Member # 63561

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Kaytie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently started dating my boyfriend, and this is the first "serious" relationship i have been in. I am 18, and whenever him and i talk about sex, or something more than making out and kissing i get this really weird sick feeling in my stomach, and it's not because i'm scared to do it because i really love him and feel totally comfortable with him but i cant shake this feeling. does anyone know what it could be?

--------------------
Hey I'm Kaytie, im 18, a nursing student and i'm not sure i believe in love anymore </3

Posts: 5 | From: Canadaaa | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you're feeling some anxiety about this. Often when we've got that kind of thing going on, it may be a good indicator that we're not as ready (for whatever reason) as we may think we are. There's nothing wrong with that. This just may be your mind and body's way of telling you to slow it up a bit. How long have you been with this person?

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaytie
Neophyte
Member # 63561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaytie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
weve been together 4 months

--------------------
Hey I'm Kaytie, im 18, a nursing student and i'm not sure i believe in love anymore </3

Posts: 5 | From: Canadaaa | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the grand scheme of things, 4 months isn't really that long. I don't say that to minimize the importance of your relationship.

You're talking about a pretty new partner. And that you are seeing this as a kind of relationship (however you are defining "serious") that you've not had before. With all of that newness, it's not at all surprising to have some anxiety. Again, it really sounds like this is your body/mind/heart/whatever's way of suggesting that it simply might be a bit too soon for this for you.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heero222
Activist
Member # 27731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heero222         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with KittenGoddess that it's likely anxiety but what I recommend is setting aside some quiet time to make an honest assessment of the issue to determine exactly what part of the thought makes you anxious. To do this just ask yourself questions like "Am I worried this won't live up to my expectations", "Am I worried he won't find me as desirable when I have my clothes off or that I won't find him as desirable when I see everyting", etc. Just keeping asking yourself questions until you get that sick feeling and you'll know what it is bothering you and be able to confront it directly.
Posts: 58 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.