Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » std question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: std question
ivani
Neophyte
Member # 56453

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ivani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I know I am probably way overthinking this, but I am a control freak so I like to be absolutely sure of these things. I was giving a guy a hand-job and licked his penis some number of times (but I never had oral sex or put it in my mouth or anything), but it wasn't covered with a condom or anything (just some vaseline). Is it possible I could get an STD from that? This was about a month ago so I'm not so much worried that I actually have an std, I just want to make sure I'm being safe in the future. Just to be clear, there was no contact with fluids.
Posts: 3 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you did have a risk of STIs from that (and some are asymptomatic, meaning they don't or won't always show symptoms. Because it's been a month you can go ahead and get tested now to be on the safe side. In the future? Condoms 4 oral sex protection.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ivani
Neophyte
Member # 56453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ivani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information. Do you know which ones specifically I would be at risk for?
Posts: 3 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
This link explains which types of STIs you'd be at risk of:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/crisis/sti_risk_assessment_the_cliffs_notes

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ivani
Neophyte
Member # 56453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ivani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow thanks! That was very helpful. This is such a great site!!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.