Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Dry humping Naked..consequences?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry humping Naked..consequences?
sabsabsi
Neophyte
Member # 35856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sabsabsi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend last night did not have any condoms but were quite turned on, so we decided to dry hump, which then turned into dry humping naked. Eventually I was sitting just above his penis and was rubbing it with my vagina (so basicaly have outside of body sex) he came on my vagina and we carried on rubbing for quite a while after and I could feel a pool of cum around and below my vagina which obviously I was rubbing myslef in frm rubbing his penis, are there any cnsequences to this? Ie. stds or pregnancy?
Posts: 1 | From: west sussex, uk | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This presents a risk of both STIs and pregnancy. If you do not wish to become pregnant, you can obtain EC within 120 hours of the incident to reduce your chances. It also would be a good idea to schedule yourself for an STI exam if you and your partner have not both been tested.

In the future, do keep in mind that ANY unprotected direct genital contact presents both an STI and pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willingtosat
Neophyte
Member # 35411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willingtosat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sabsabsi:
Me and my boyfriend last night did not have any condoms but were quite turned on, so we decided to dry hump, which then turned into dry humping naked. Eventually I was sitting just above his penis and was rubbing it with my vagina (so basicaly have outside of body sex) he came on my vagina and we carried on rubbing for quite a while after and I could feel a pool of cum around and below my vagina which obviously I was rubbing myslef in frm rubbing his penis, are there any cnsequences to this? Ie. stds or pregnancy?

I'm not as experienced as others in this forum, but I would have to say that any contact with body fluids during an form of sex presents the possibility of stds, etc. This is why condoms are being promoted constantly.

Now about this dry humping, you mention that eventually you ended up dry humping naked. Does this mean that it is possible to be sexually aroused by dry humping with your clothes on?

Posts: 15 | From: Hamilton, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there are many people who do enjoy having dry sex fully clothed.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willingtosat
Neophyte
Member # 35411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willingtosat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leabug:

This would mean that the clothing being worn by each person is extremely fine or light. We can't be talking about jeans and that kind of thing, are we?

This is the foreplay to the real deal, dirty dancing, or what?

Posts: 15 | From: Hamilton, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Lots of people have dry sex FULLY clothed, yes. And I do mean jeans and such. You may not find that satisfying, but there are plenty of people who do, so please do not make the assumption that it must only be foreplay- for many, it's the main event.

--------------------
Lea

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And because it hasn't been mentioned yet, not all STDs require body fluids for transmission. Herpes and HPV (the virus that causes warts and cancers) only need skin to skin friction -- the kind you'd get if you were dry humping with no pants on.

And yes, dry humping with pants on can be darn good if you've got very nicely-textured underwear and a strategically located seam. say no more, say no more.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcs.lover
Neophyte
Member # 37388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcs.lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, pregnancy wouldn't occur without penetration. But that doesn't mean it couldn't. The fact that he came on your vagina and you rubbed yourself against his wet penis may result in pregnancy. STIs are also possible. That's why it's safer to use condoms when you dry hump naked.
Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marcs.lover

Just to clear something up for you. Pregnancy can occur (and for that matter does occur) without penetration. There's different risk levels involved with different types of sex. There’s a great article on the main site that’s really helpful in Pregnancy Risk Assessment. It also tells you when you've had STI risks.

[ 03-07-2008, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neha-RoX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont know about the other case, but a couple of months back me and my boyfriend were dry humping, we had our underwears on. after a couple of minutes, i had a couple of orgasms and he had one too. so his underwear got quite wet with his cum and my panty was also wet with my own fluids. we continued to do it for another 5 or 10 minutes. i never bothered about it and thought it would be safe! was i at the risk of pregnancy then?

also, if i have his fluids on my belly or something, but making sure it doesnt get close to the "area", is there a risk??
oh ya, we do get tested for STI's every 6 months so no risk about that.

Posts: 42 | From: India | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm isn't strong enough to make it through two layers of clothing. If you've had a normal period since this, you're not pregnant.

If there is no ejaculate near your genital area (or direct genital to genital contact), there is no risk.

Also, good on you for getting tested so regularly! [Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neha-RoX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, i am asking this coz if we end up doing it again should i take precautions? last time his underwear got very wet and my panty also got realywet. and we did it for more than 10 mins untill he ejaculated again.
Posts: 42 | From: India | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If two people are nude and have their genitals rubbing directly on one another, it's not dry sex anymore, because fluids will be shared.

So, if you only have very, very thing garments on, then it's safest for your boyfriend to put on a condom for this.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ipikee
Activist
Member # 37410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ipikee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leabug:

How in the hell do you have dry sex with your clothes on? WTF

--------------------
ipikee

Posts: 45 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Dry sex" means when two clothed people are rubbing their genitals together. The "dry" part of it means no fluid exchange: if two people are nude and grinding genitals together, fluids get exchanged.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Channy545
Neophyte
Member # 51648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Channy545     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean. Me and my boyfriend want to try this! he will be wearing a condom but i think it will be fun. Does it hurt more? or is it better with a thong on and him in boxers?
Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, the only person that can really answer what feels better for him is him. Everyone's different so we all like different things. Have you seen this yet? Be a Blabbermouth! The Whys, Whats and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bosunbob
Neophyte
Member # 49600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bosunbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Pregnancy can happen without you having any penetration, and you 'get some of his fluid on your vagina' This happened to me at 15 and my girlfriend at 14, when we were in sophmores in high school, and she did get pregnate.... so the rule is if you girls get his fluid on you, the possiblities are great.. so have protection of some type of birth control...yourself or common type....sorry to say the girls are the ones that are responsible... that is my nickels worth at this time.
Posts: 12 | From: San Diego, Ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One partner is no more responsible that any other partner in regards to safer sex, just like one partner is no more responsible than any other partner for ANY aspect of a healthy relationship.

Partners can make decisions about who will have the safer sex supplies, but all involved parties are equally responsible for communicating fully about what they are looking for in a relationship, and if that does not include pregnancy (assuming a heterosexual pairing here) then that has to be a decision made with both partners, not the assumed responsibility of the woman.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bosunbob
Neophyte
Member # 49600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bosunbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clarification;
I wish to say that the females in the relationship are more likely to know about their bodies then the males’ are to know about them, yes I think in is both that need to be responsible for a un-wanted pregnancy, but there are more ways with a female to be on and use birth control then hearing “I Hate the feel of condoms” from both parties, and then not have any protection in use. We know that a female period is very unpredictable, just one day longer or shorter, and ‘pop’ … the words “I am now pregnate” with all the tears and additional problems of both families, schooling and one’s guilt.
I hope this makes it as ‘clear as mud’ now.
Bosun Bob

Posts: 12 | From: San Diego, Ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

How predictable or unpredicatble periods are, and how long or short they last really isn't the issue when it comes to whether or not someone becomes pregnant.

What is is a) if folks are engaging in sexual activities that can cause pregnancy and b) if they are or are not using reliable methods of contraception for those activities.

And those are things ALL partners can know and share responsibility for, which I'd say is even more important since the person who can or does become pregnant will always bear the greater burdens of pregnancy, so the least that person's partner can do is make sure they're stepping up as much as they can with sharing the responsibilities they can. Other methods of birth control have their own side effects and things people don't like about them, too, not just condoms.

And I'd say that if someone's partner is whinging about sharing contraceptive responsibilities, the better move is to not be sexual with that partner, rather than figuring she's got to take extra responsibility of a partner who refuses to share it.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.