Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » first time, weird bodily fluids from down there

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: first time, weird bodily fluids from down there
lizzybaby
Neophyte
Member # 48069

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lizzybaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay so monday i had sex with my boyfriend it was my first time and his second time. i had a great time hurt at first but it got better, he is really big so i understood that i would bleed. i have been taking birth control for about four months now and we also used a condom, but we did touch parts when we were playing around before intercourse. okay so the first day i bled and had normal discharge that smelled like well sweat and milk, second day i had a creamy white mucus-y discharge that smelled like sweat but not as bad as on Monday, Wednesday (today)my discharge has blood in it again but its my normal clear discharge and it smells like it usually does and it doesn't itch and i feel normal and im not sore at all but i cant help but think this isn't normal, i might be being a bit of a hypochondriac but its my first time and im worried about an infection also my period is next Wednesday and i want to be able to wear tampons but i dont know if i will be healed enough for that or if it would be unhealthy to do so after having sex so soon. and also i took a small mirror to look down there and i noticed that inside there was some swollen tissue im not sure if thats my cervix swelling or something else... im terribly sorry if this has been posted before by someone just as worried as i am.

lizzy [Smile]

Posts: 2 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you used a mirror to look at your genitals before this, to know what they look like when you haven't recently had any kind of sex and also when you have had some kinds of sex (not just intercourse)?

As well, have you been observant about your discharges on a daily bases in the past, before this last week when you've been observing them?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzybaby
Neophyte
Member # 48069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizzybaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes and before i didnt see the tissue and the opening wasnt as big and we only tried fingering and normal sex no anal or oral yet.
yes i have and it was normal then we had sex and it was abnormal then normal again is it just my body going through its cleaning cycles? normally it doesn't get so mucus like but since this is my first time having sex it okay right?

Posts: 2 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if and when we've been sexually aroused and/or have had any kind of genital sex with friction, it does tend to temporarily change how things look. Inflammation that's temporary isn't unusual, especially just a day or two after, and/or if you did things that hurt, didn't use lubricant as needed or just overdid it.

With the changes to your mucus, there was probably a little lubricant on the condom, which is one common thing that tends to change that. As well, because intercourse involves a good deal of friction, it can kind of "whip up" your normal discharges and the lube in a way other kinds of sex might not.

It sounds like everything is probably just fine here, and also like it'll be fine for you to use tampons with your period next week. If you do feel like your discharges get funky per your observations again soon, then you'll just want to check in with your sexual healthcare provider to be sure it's all good. As well, since you're both sexually active, soon enough you'll want to start getting tested for STIs regularly, and when you have that appointment, you'll also have the opportunity to ask about things like this.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grlnxtdr23
Neophyte
Member # 35358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grlnxtdr23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh God I'm so glad I saw this! THe exact same thing happened to me and I am glad to know im not in a boat by myself. It was also my very first time and I got worried because the discharge thing and the itchiness, and soreness. I'm so glad they have sites like these!
Posts: 13 | From: Sometown, TX | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.