Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » depo provera... period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: depo provera... period?
sexbobomb
Neophyte
Member # 48414

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sexbobomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so my boyfriend and i have been dating over a year. we just made the switch from condoms to depo provera. i've had no weird side affects except for two incidents of spotting. i let him ejaculate inside of me, and i'm concerned that since i don't get periods anymore because of the depo, my vagina isn't clean. I know periods are the natural way to clean things out, and i've never used/won't use a douche. is the spotting enough of a cleanser? also is there a better way to wipe out or drip out his semen?
Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Periods aren't the only way of cleaning out the vagina; your vagina keeps itself clean 24/7 - that's what discharge is for. So, you don't need to do anything except let your body do its thing. [Smile]

As for getting rid of semen, most of it will run out within a few minutes, and you can wipe that away. The rest will be flushed out with your discharge over the next few days.

Just a note though? We don't recommend going without condoms until a sexual relationship has been monogamous for at least six months, and both partners have clear STI screenings at the end of that six-month period.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.