Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Cant get wet! And its really frusterating!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cant get wet! And its really frusterating!
chapsticklovin
Neophyte
Member # 45424

Icon 8 posted      Profile for chapsticklovin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend I have been with each other for some time now and we usually have sex everyday. Sometimes we do it two or three times in one day! We are very much in love and are very comfrotable with having sex with each other and enjoy it very much.

But lately I havent been getting wet the way I use to. Its really frusterating, because before it wouldnt take me long at all.. really only a few seconds and I was ready! I have no idea what to do because I havent gone through this.

I read somethings on the internet and it said that i must drink lots of water, or eat a certain type of seeds every day to help my body produce lube.

I also read it could be a possible side-affect from some std??!! can you please explain to me about what std can stop me from getting wet.
Im kind of upset I have to talk about an std because i have only been with my boyfriend and no one else.

I hope i dont have a std.. but i need some advice on what to do!
But i do want to mention I am on birth control, ortho-triycyclen. does that mean anything??

aslo my boyfriend and i have been fighting lately.. could that be a reason why too?

Im just really trying to solve this problem because i dont feel that at 19 years old i should really have a problem with getting wet.

please help!!!

Posts: 39 | From: Nevada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, through history, people have used lubricants with insertive sex. This isn't anything new, nor is it only something people of a certain age have done. Age really isn't major factor in this, either: not everyone self-lubricates as often or as much, and there are also times during the fertility cycle women tend to be wetter or drier. If you are having insertive sex several times a day, it really isn't surprising you're having a hard time having enough self-lubrication, either.

Lack of lubrication isn't anything I have ever heard to be associated with an STI, nor ever seen listed as a side effect. However, birth control pills can often make the vagina drier because part of how they work is by thickening secretions.

Easy answer? Buy some lubricant. It's something a lot of people have just because it makes things feel nice, self-lube or no, and it's nothing to feel ashamed of wanting or needing, just like wanting sprinkles for your ice cream isn't. Know what I mean?

And if you are having relationship problems, that's something that can impact how relaxed and turned on you get, so that could also be a factor. But you're going to work out whatever issues are causing you to fight regardless, not just because of lubrication.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemdi
Neophyte
Member # 48298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemdi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The stress in your relationship can impact your sex life, and the pill carries that as a known side-effect, as Heather said. I haven't heard of it as a side-effect of any STI, either.

If you feel you've resolved those sorts of problems and still aren't getting wet enough, perhaps consider that you've been in the relationship long enough that you might need to experiment with some new things to get yourself turned on to the extent you used to be. Part of that is excitement, and if you're doing the same things repetitively, you might just be a little bit bored.

Doing something that makes you uncomfortable is NOT going to help, but it might be worthwhile to consider the kinds of things that usually turn you on and how you might expand upon them.

Posts: 9 | From: rural midwest | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.