Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » HELP!I'm worried!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!I'm worried!
abcde
Neophyte
Member # 44169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abcde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, I think I should get all the important details down...
I am a 19 year old and I have been having intercourse with my boyfriend, for almost 9 months now.

We both cater to each others needs/wants in the bedroom.

But, a few times will having intercourse it starts to burn slightly. I think the problem is I dry up and that causes friction. Friction causes a lot of discomfort and I just don't feel like continuing. Tonight, my boyfriend tried oral sex to lubricate me but it didn't help much.
What is causing this? At my age shouldn't I have no problems when it comes to the 'natural lubricant'? I am very concerned.

Posts: 24 | From: pakistan | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Throughout most of history, many people have used lubricants with intercourse, at all ages. There's no age when lubricant is magically never needed. So, if you're not using it and experiencing discomfort, that's certainly something to try and may well be what's needed here. It sure sounds like it is.

But too, persistent burning is something to also investigate, especially if either of you aren't current with sexual healthcare/sexually transmitted infection tests. So, can you also get in to see a gynecologist or sexual health clinic, as well as using lubricant?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abcde
Neophyte
Member # 44169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abcde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But, we've only been sexually active with each other and no one else. So, what chance of a STI is there?
Posts: 24 | From: pakistan | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
If that is the case, you are less likely to have an STI. But there is still the possiblity of other infections such as yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis which could cause this irritation. It's always a good idea to get tested, and also to get a pap smear done, if you have not had one before.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abcde
Neophyte
Member # 44169

Thank you for your help. [Smile]

Also, how exactly can we use lubricants? Is it safe it insert some into the vagina? I read somewhere that if u put a drop of lubricant in the condom before and then put it on, it heightens pleasure. Is that true?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lubricants designed for use with sex can be used anywhere genitally. You don't need to try and insert them into the vagina, you can either just take a glop of it and put it on your vulva (the external part of your genitals, the vagina is inside the body) or on the condom, whichever you like. Then you just have the sex you're having, and add more as/if needed.

And yes, some male-condom wearers also find a couple of drops of lube inside the condom before putting it on make condoms feel better for them.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abcde
Neophyte
Member # 44169

I love you guys! You all guys must be so proud of yourselves.

Thanks!

abcde
Neophyte
Member # 44169

*all you guys must...

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.