Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » gag reflex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: gag reflex
edukateyourself
Neophyte
Member # 45554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for edukateyourself         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is where I should post this, but here goes: I have pleasured my partner orally and have gagged on him twice. I eventually want to learn to control my gag reflex better, but I was wondering how it felt for him to have me gag on him. Does it feel really bad? I am curious to know!
Posts: 13 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robot_on_fire
Activist
Member # 45735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robot_on_fire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
firstly if you dont feel comfortable doing anything dont do it.

You can participate in oral sex without allowing it too deep into your mouth , thus preventing gagging. It is normal to gag when anything is inserted too deeply into your throat/mouth. SO if you dont want this to happen again try NOT putting it that deep in.
It will still feel pleasurable , try using your tongue more. Let your partner know if you feel uncomfortable about anything.

However if you do want to train to insert it more deeply, it is possible, however you have to be relaxed and take things slow.

TO answer how it feels, that part im not sure about. Why dont you ask him? It seems like you two should talk and communicate more about your sexual relationship.

Posts: 92 | From: las vegas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilstrawberry
Activist
Member # 39129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evilstrawberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is just one of those things where you have to learn your limits and what you're comfortable with. Over time, you will figure out how much is too much and what is physically comfortable for you to do (gagging is not so much in the "comfy" department).

If you're concerned about how this feels your partner, by all means, ask him! With any sexual or intimate act, talking is a really a big deal, about what both parties are feeling, wanting, and comfortable with doing. My guess would be it doesn't "feel really bad" for him, but if he knew you were gagging he might be concerned for how that's feeling for YOU. Letting him know what's going on and asking him about this is your best bet for clearing up your questions.

Here's a pretty helpful link from the main site, take a look with your partner sometime [Smile]

Be a Blabbermouth: Talking about Sex With a Partner

Posts: 117 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.