Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Genital Herpes: Really?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Genital Herpes: Really?
Zacceh
Neophyte
Member # 45566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zacceh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This, to me, is awkward to describe, and seems to be graphic when I do attempt to describe it, so pardon me if it gets obscene.

I am a 14 year old male. I am a virgin in the ways of sexual intercourse. I have masturbated (there's the most awkward thing to admit), and I have not been seen nor touched by a female in my genital area... Ever.

Now for obscene AND awkward:

There are these bumps... I'm not really sure how to describe them. They aren't red like acne, but they're grouped close together. There are a seemingly large cluster of them that trail about 1/7 of the way up the right side of my penis, and around 1/8 on the left. I've noticed small bumps similar to them on my scrotal sac, and there are about 3 there. I have never shaved my pubic hair, just because I think that would label me a "faggot" for the rest of my natural existence. My friend suggested that the ones on my scrotal sac could be in-grown pubic hairs. Oh, and I should probably mention that I get frequent itchiness in my genital area. I've not really noticed any splotchiness of the skin, but I don't usually stare at my junk like "O HAI DERR LIL' BUDDEH!" when I scratch myself.

So... Genital herpes, or is it something completely different and random?

Posts: 6 | From: Sparta... But seriously, USA. | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me first say that we don't allow homophobic language or any other kind of bigoted comments here, as per our user guidelines, which you agreed to when you joined this site. We try to make this site as safe a space for everyone, so when someone uses that kind of language in their posts, it upsets the safety we work so hard to establish here. This is a warning, so please do be mindful in future posts.

On to your question. Are these bumps flesh colored? Are they relatively small? Do they itch? They could just be Fordyce's spots (see this article for more) or they could be sweat glands. I say this not being a doctor myself nor seeing them but only based on your description and lack of sexual experience. You can always go to your doctor, though, and the doctor can see them to better determine what they are. Also, shaving or not shaving one's genitals really says nothing about a person's sexual orientation, so that's an idea worth ditching (in addition to the homophobic language).

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.