Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Plan B

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plan B
Think Pink
Neophyte
Member # 44362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Think Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex in august and the condom broke. So i took plan B the next day and got my period 6 days after that. It only lasted 2 days and i didnt have cramps or anything. I figured that it just forced my body to have my period early so i was expecting a month later. Well now I'm 3 weeks late and I'm not sure if thats suppose to happen. Any advice or related stories?

--------------------
Think Pink

Posts: 3 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
plan B often does interrupt one's cycle pretty badly. You took it as soon as you could, so its effectiveness will be pretty high, so I'd say this is most likely the effects of the hormones. However, for the best information on this, you should go to your healthcare provider, particularly the one who prescribed the contraception to you, as they will know exactly which version of the pill they prescribed you, and they will have lots of info on it [Smile]

In the meantime, here's an article with a bit of information on emergency contraception, if you haven't read it yet: Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill). Hope it helps [Big Grin]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Think Pink
Neophyte
Member # 44362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Think Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks [Smile] But i just bought it at a walgreens

--------------------
Think Pink

Posts: 3 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no problem [Smile] And that's fine, most general doctors should know about emergency contraception and its side effects -- however now your best bet would be a sexual health clinic because sexual health is, of course, what they specialize in; so you can ask someone at a nearby Planned Parenthood or any other clinic. And if you don't know where any local clinic is, we can help you find one [Big Grin]

[ 10-13-2009, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Think Pink
Neophyte
Member # 44362

I have no idea where i would find one. I think we got rid of ours

--------------------
Think Pink

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Ok, no problem, if you give us your postal code or city we can help you out [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.