Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Pain after intercourse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain after intercourse
heyheyhey08
Neophyte
Member # 27321

Icon 13 posted      Profile for heyheyhey08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, yesterday afternoon I had an upset stomach (dirrehea) but it was pretty much back to normal (Maybe not relevant??) That night me and my boyfriend had sex, a couple of times it hurt so I got him to switch position and then it was better. After sex I was really surprised that my lower abdomen was hurting, it seemed to kind of hurt in a line down my centre the most. It was quite bad. My boyfried rubbed my stomach and I started to feel better after 1/2 an hour. Today I feel fine but if I put pressure in a line under my belly button it feels uncomfortable, not quite back to normal. Am I having stomach issues or is this a gyno issue?
Thanks!

Posts: 10 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strike9
Neophyte
Member # 43904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for strike9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stomach issue. You really shouldn't have sex when you have an upset stomach or dirrehea. That's your body's way of trying to clean out your waste and fast. Wait until it get's better, or take a over the counter medicine like Pepto Bismol =)

--------------------
- Strike9

Posts: 6 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As well, when we're not feeling well, it can be common for it to be tougher for us to get aroused or fully aroused. If you had intercourse when you were not fully aroused, it may have also happened that your cervix (which sits lower in the vagina when we're not aroused or less aroused) got jostled or bumped in the process and thus, added to your abdominal pain.

So, lay off the sex for a little while while you're having this pain, and also until you feel back to normal as far as your tummy issues in general go.

[ 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.