Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Nympho?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nympho?
AsshBee
Neophyte
Member # 43824

Icon 12 posted      Profile for AsshBee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, ever since i lost my v-card in the 8th grade..I've been called a nympho-maniac.

I know i've had sex over 5 times...i lost count, but everytime i just can't stop i feel like i have a goal to reach when i'm in a relationship.
And i feel like sex might take over my whole life, i don't want my partners to feel like i'm using him/her.
I give/get oral sex and anal for both opposing sexes...not vaginal. After i lost my virginity i never had sex vaginally again.
What is this craving i have for sex all of a sudden? Is it a stage everyone goes thru? Or Am i really losing my mind?

--------------------
_Closer To My Dreams.

Posts: 14 | From: Austin Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nymphomania is a really antiquated term, and it was biased from the start: it was basically assigned, historically, even to women who just enjoyed sex (since the cultural ideal was that women did not, but had sex with men as their duty).

It has no use, that term, at all, because it doesn't mean anything clear. But having sex five times is actually a very infrequent number of times to have had sex for anyone, so concerns that this is a LOT of sex are unfounded.

But you are expressing something that sounds like a real concern: you seem to be saying you feel like you don't have control over yourself, and are choosing to have sex as some kind of goal, which is not really healthy. You also express worries it might "take over your life." I also don't know if when you're engaging in oral sex with partners if you are using latex barriers: if not, that's a physical health concern, especially with new/casual partnerships.

It's normal for human beings to feel sexual desire and a drive for sex, and that is something that develops and becomes stronger during pubertu. However, that can be satisfied with or without (through masturbation) partners, and desire all by itself doesn't mean we have no control of those feelings, nor that we have to have sex for them to subside at a given time.

I'm happy to talk to you about your concerns, and to help you work out what is and isn't healthy for you sexually, and to refine your own clarity on what you want and feel is best for you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AsshBee
Neophyte
Member # 43824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AsshBee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically this is normal?
I use protection everytime. And even after sex I'm satisfied but i'm still wet for the next hour or so.
That's normal also?

--------------------
_Closer To My Dreams.

Posts: 14 | From: Austin Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bodies get moist when it comes to sex: they don't magically gush out fluids then get instantly dry, like a countertop we've wiped. As well, it's normal for the vulva at certain times of the fertility cycle to be wetter or drier and that has nothing to do with sex at all.

When you ask if "this" is normal, I'm not sure what "this" is. If you mean feelings of sexual desire and urgency? Yes, that's normal. But feeling like you HAVE to have partnered sex all the time when you have them, or like you can't control your sexual choices is not something we'd call normal and is not usually so healthy.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AsshBee
Neophyte
Member # 43824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AsshBee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant "this" as in My sexual desire, you answered my question.

Thanks!

--------------------
_Closer To My Dreams.

Heather
Member # 3

Yes, those feelings of desire and normal and there's nothing unhealthy about them.

It's this that is NOT healthy.

quote:
but everytime i just can't stop i feel like i have a goal to reach when i'm in a relationship.
And i feel like sex might take over my whole life

To be clear -- and I'm sorry if this comes off as patronizing, I just worry we might be missing each other in the muddle -- you understand that having feelings of desire does not mean it's always best to seek to satiate them every time with other people, right? Especially if our motives aren't good, or those people or situations aren't healthy or emotionally safe?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

AsshBee
Neophyte
Member # 43824

I understand what you mean...
U mean its ok to satisfy sexual needs buh not 24/7 with different ppl;; Sorta like being sleezy?

--------------------
_Closer To My Dreams.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.