Donate Now
We've Moved!">Check out our
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » self help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: self help
sad_eyes_lie
Neophyte
Member # 43584

Icon 11 posted      Profile for sad_eyes_lie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i can easily enjoy being fingered from someone else. and fingering another girl is not a problem for me.(yes i am bisexual) but when i try to for myself i cant really seems to get any pleasure. its not that i don't like my body or anything like that. so why do i have such a problem with this?
Posts: 5 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to be clear, since so many people use that term differently, are we talking about you rubbing various parts of your vulva with your own hands, like your clitoris, or about you trying to masturbate inserting fingers into your vagina?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sad_eyes_lie
Neophyte
Member # 43584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad_eyes_lie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
both. i have a problem with getting any pleasure. but like i said before its not that i don't like my body or anything like that. so i'm really confuse why i have this problem.
Posts: 5 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without getting too personal, can I ask how many different things you've tried?

For instance, while your partners so far may be responsive to the way you touch them, and you might be to how a partner touches you, with your own masturbation you may find you like something entirely different. For example, some women masturbate by clamping their legs together tightly in a rhythmic way, some others by using a vibrator, others still by "humping" a pillow or something else.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sad_eyes_lie
Neophyte
Member # 43584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad_eyes_lie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have tried those things. i do alright with a vibrator, but i would rather figure out a way to without.
Heather
Member # 3

Can I ask why?

I do because however we get off really is however we get off, and a lot of people simply have some things that do and some things that don't work for them, either for the whole of their lives or at given times in their lives.

And there's nothing "better" about needing or wanting to use a vibrator than there is not, save, I suppose, saving a tiny bit of cash on batteries or the electric bill. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

sad_eyes_lie
Neophyte
Member # 43584

yeah. but with my age being about a year shy of 18 i cant just buy one. and i cant go to anyone really to buy me one.
Heather
Member # 3

Actually, that's not necessarily so.

The most classic kind of vibrators -- like the Hitachi Wand -- are often sold in general stores as "back massagers." In fact, you may have other vibe options in places like Target stores. You can buy these things, you just can't go into sex toy shops, or purchase toys marked expressly AS toys.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.