Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » anorgasmia help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anorgasmia help?
theusection
Neophyte
Member # 43621

Icon 9 posted      Profile for theusection     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello, i'm still a teenager who doesn't have sex often, but i believe i have anorgasmia because during every sexual encounter, i cannot finish through vaginal intercourse. The internet has thus far been fruitless in treatments, hypnosis and sex therapy aren't options i can partake in...is there such a thing as directed masturbation for males? and if so what kind of techniques can i use? this problem is really frustrating, and i feel like it has to do with frequent masturbation. if anyone could help that would be great!

--------------------
theusection

Posts: 2 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NonStraightAnswers
Activist
Member # 41629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonStraightAnswers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From your post I'm unclear on whether you're having trouble reaching orgasm just with intercourse or with any sexual activity...Are you frustrated just with your response to intercourse, to all partnered sex, or to all sexual activity including masturbation?

If you're reaching orgasm through masturbation or other types of sex, you're not anorgasmic. If the non-orgasm is with any partnered sex, there are a lot of reasons that could be and the volunteers and users here are pretty great at helping people talk through them.

If the non-orgasm is only with intercourse, I've got to ask how much you actually *enjoy* intercourse. Your body might just not tend to get as much from that sensation as it does others, and that kind of variation is totally normal. Why not stick with the things that you *do* enjoy? If you *are* enjoying the sensation (and, actually, even if you're anorgasmic with any type of sex but are enjoying yourself), then try not to stress so much about orgasm. It's only one part of sexual response, and what's critical is that you're enjoying (in a safe, consensual way) what you're doing. Worrying about when you're going to come is likely to just freak you out and make things worse, you know?

Posts: 63 | From: DC, MA, IL, IS - changes every couple years | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theusection
Neophyte
Member # 43621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theusection     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, that may be a good idea i can reach orgasm through masturbation, but not from oral or vaginal intercourse with my partner, she is my first partner and i can only respond to hand stimulation to orgasm. Psychological aspects aside, i feel like it is likely because i've conditioned myself to a certain pace during masturbation whereas regular intercourse is much slower and a different feeling. Would cutting back on masturbation help to achieve orgasm through vaginal intercourse? That and of course focusing on just enjoying the sex (and thanks for your help!)

--------------------
theusection

Posts: 2 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.