Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sooner Periods Because of Masterbation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sooner Periods Because of Masterbation?
jessonli95
Neophyte
Member # 43537

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jessonli95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New to this but it seems like a great place... this is my first post, so bear with me [Razz] ..

okay, well im 14 now and have been mbating for a whilee. I guess 12... I thought it was wrong for a longg time but I see that its normal now. well...

I think that my materbation may be causing shorter time between periods. like, it comes earlier each month. and its really annoying. should i just stop and it will go to normal or what?? idk..

thanks...

--------------------
<3Jess

Posts: 15 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Masturbation doesn't have the capacity to change your menstrual cycles.

However, in the first few years -- sometimes even as many as five or more -- you have periods, it takes your body some time to adjust and for periods to be regular. So, changes during cycles are normal. About how many days between periods are you experiencing now?

(Also, how are you charting your periods? A regular period won't come on the same date each month because the number of days in every month aren't the same, but vary.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessonli95
Neophyte
Member # 43537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessonli95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
about 21 days. i chart about the same day of the week and which week of the month.

--------------------
<3Jess

Posts: 15 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not that atypical. Certainly on the shorter-cycle side, but nothing to be concerned about.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm quite sure it can't make any actual difference to your menstrual cycle, I thought that the contractions of the uterine walls during orgasm could make what was already going to come out, period wise, come out a bit faster, though I would have thought it was a quite small difference and would just make your flow alter a bit as opposed to actually making your period start any sooner, if there is a difference?

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Only if you are already about to have your period, have your period already, or are just finishing a period can that happen.

When you get your period has to do with the hormonal signals your body sends throughout that whole cycle: not with a given incident on one day. Make sense?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you said is what I meant, that if you are already shedding womb lining and blood and other menstrual stuff, but it just hasn't actually come out of your vagina yet, then the flow might be changed a bit, I don't think it can actually make your period come at a different time than it would without the masturbation, that as you say is down to hormones, and while some things like stress, a drastic change in weight and pregnancy (current or recent) can affect them, orgasm doesn't, so far as I know.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessonli95
Neophyte
Member # 43537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessonli95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay thanks... well yeah. Jull, i thought that the orgasms made it come out faster. Oh well hahaha. at least they're nice and short periods =P

--------------------
<3Jess

Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

If anything, I'd say that for quite a few women masturbating during periods can be a very good thing even more so than usual as it can make cramps go away.

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.