Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Gynecologist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gynecologist
Kaydee
Activist
Member # 41683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaydee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I had been sexually active for about 3 months and I really needed to go to the gyno but my mom kept putting off scheduling my appointment. (FYI: she has no idea I am sexually active, and I have tried to talk to her about sex as well as contemplatives but she kind of shut me down with "well your not going to be having sex so you don't have to worry about it"). So I took things into my own hands and scheduled an appointment myself. I was scarred to death, they asked me alot of questions on the phone regarding my sex life. I kind of lied to the secretary on the phone about being sexually active due to fear of my parents finding out. My appointment came with a restless night of sleep before (yes I was that nervous), but I made it. When I did get to the office I was completely honest about my sexual activity & I even discussed birth control, and requested to be put on pills. The doctor was really nice and she ended up giving me a 6 month supply of birth control. Being the shy person that I am, I think I did pretty well. Sorry for the post but I needed someone to "brag" to, just because I am kind of proud of myself (as stupid as that sounds).

[ 07-16-2009, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: EscapeToLastYear ]

--------------------
- Kaydee

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein

Posts: 55 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, it's always great to hear people being so proactive about their own sexual health. There's nothing stupid about doing that, or about bragging about it. It's pretty cool to be able to do that for yourself. And I say it's not really bragging so much as celebrating a new step in your life. So congratulations on this new step! [Smile]

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.