Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Horrible dream... What could it mean?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horrible dream... What could it mean?
foreverandalwaysbabe
Neophyte
Member # 42719

Icon 9 posted      Profile for foreverandalwaysbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok well I recently had a horrible dream in which I was with my boyfriend at his house, except it wasnt really his house..., and well we were hanging out in his room, doing the usual making out and stuff. and he wanted to go further and have sex but i didnt want to so we ended up arguing and i found out he was cheating on me and because I found out he tried drowning me in a bathtub... I somehow got away and ran into the woods behind his house, and he chased me and actually drowned me in a creek...

This was an absolutely horrible dream... It woke me up and I wanted to cry. My boyfriend is not like that in any way and I would know. We have talked about stuff like going further and whatnot before, and have both decided we are not ready for sex but other things maybe. And he has also made it clear that he is willing to wait until I am ready to try anything, and I know for a fact that he respects me and will wait definitely.

So... I have no clue why I would have a dream like this.... any ideas?

Posts: 6 | From: home | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In so many ways, while dreams can certainly be meaningful, the why of us having them is thought to just be about the fact that our brains are still active in sleep. In other words, it's kind of about our brains just being restless and often random.

Plenty of people also think that dreams are about our brains processing our thoughts and feelings, but they're rarely literal. In other words, in our dreams, we or others don't always or even often behave the way we would in waking life, places don't look the same, the same laws of physics don't always apply.

So, maybe you do feel a little stressed or worried about if waiting is really okay: maybe you're just a bit stressed or worried about something else altogether. Dream analysis is fairly arbitrary, so you could see endless meanings per the symbolism of your dream and what happened in it, with multiple different interpretations.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.