Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Is Bruising Normal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Bruising Normal?
goldeneagle
Neophyte
Member # 37531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goldeneagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quick question: Is bruising on the woman normal after sex (fingering, intercourse, etc)? My girlfriend says its normal to be sore after, but I don't want to hurt her if possible.
Posts: 9 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To bruise someone takes some force, so I would not say it's normal, no.

And while soreness may happen if the woman is new to sex or if the sex was particularly rough, it is NOT normal otherwise.

Does your girlfriend bruise easily in other situations, or is she otherwise sensitive or have lower tolerance levels for pain?

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldeneagle
Neophyte
Member # 37531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goldeneagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does seem so. She plays soccer and gets lots of bruises from that (more than normal, I'd say). I'm not sure about her pain tolerance levels, she might be a bit more sensitive, but nothing that has been a problem for the 3 years we've been together. (We just started having sex about a half a year ago)
Posts: 9 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she bruises easily, that might explain some of this. I also play a lot of soccer, and depending on your position, you can get knocked around quite a bit (though I'm a goalkeeper, so I think I'm biased...)

Where is she bruising when you finger her or have intercourse? Is it around her vaginal area, or other places on her body? Are you relatively gentle?

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldeneagle
Neophyte
Member # 37531

She says it hurts in her vaginal area. The thing is I would go softer (especially when I finger her) but she says to "go harder" so I do then she ends up hurting... catch 22? she can't get off unless I go harder, but then she bruises.
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

I can see where this becomes problematic.

Have you discussed this with her? This is awfully conflicting for you, not wanting to hurt your partner but wanting to please her as well.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all have different thresholds for pain and pleasure and where they intersect.

So, here's what I'd ask: is SHE enjoying what you two are doing? Is she okay with being sore after? Since you two have been sexually active for a while, has she been getting regular sexual healthcare? If so, might she just check in with her healthcare provider about this and just find out if she's in sound health, sans injuries?

As well, do YOU feel okay with the level of roughness she likes? Or is it troubling you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.