Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I don't know what's wrong

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know what's wrong
Lulz
Neophyte
Member # 41748

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Lulz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 20 years old and I've never been aroused and I've ,of course, never had an orgasm. I've never been abused, no drugs or drinking and I'm not on any meds. And it's not like I'm not a sexual person. Believe me, that's not the problem! I've just never been physically horny and I've never felt anything when doing anything sexual. Am I "broken"? Is this something I still have a chance of growing into (I -just- turned 20 in Nov.), or should I seek help? PLEASE help. This is so frustrating to me. I just want to be normal.
Posts: 3 | From: Baton Rouge! | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear that this might be frustrating to you. You are for sure not alone in this, though. [Smile] Let me ask you a few questions okay ?

How is your libido, do you have any desire for sex ? Do you feel any sexual desire at times where you choose to engage in something sexual, be it masturbation or partenered sex ?

Does the inahbility to have an orgasm and experienced pleasure applies only to partnered sex or to masturbation also : have you ever been able to orgasm or get pleasure out of masturbation ?

[ 01-03-2009, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lulz
Neophyte
Member # 41748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lulz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. I'm not sure how to answer the questions without running in circles...I want sex, very much so, but it's not a physical want? I guess I could say it's like a mental thing. I'll think "I so want to do my boyfriend", but my body's like "Yeah, whatever." I've tried masturbating, phone sex, and have actually have partnered sex before, but didn't feel anything from it. It's pretty much just going through the motions. I'm very attracted to my boyfriend, but my arousal doesn't go past anything emotional, even in person.

EDIT:"Does the inahbility to have an orgasm and experienced pleasure applies only to partnered sex or to masturbation also : have you ever been able to orgasm or get pleasure out of masturbation ?"
It happens to both. I've never been able to orgasm or even get pleasure from masturbation.

[ 01-03-2009, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Lulz ]

Posts: 3 | From: Baton Rouge! | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.