Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » unsure!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unsure!!
scarleteen_chick
Neophyte
Member # 37975

Icon 5 posted      Profile for scarleteen_chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not sure if this is a sexual problem but sometimes when me and my boyfriend are having sex, it almost feels like his penis is pushing on my bladder (or some sort of organ?)
and then sometimes when i urinate, its dark in colour and had an odour to it?
can you help in telling me what it could be?

Posts: 11 | From: wales | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scarleteen chick,

Firstly please check this out to confirm your sexual anatomy:
Pink Parts - Female Sexual Anatomy

As you can see, your bladder is in front of your vagina and uterus (ie, closer to your belly button). So it is possible that the penis can press against it, causing some discomfort and sometimes the urge to pass urine. You can ease this discomfort by passing urine before sex.

It may also be that you're feeling his penis directly pushing up against your cervix, which is at the base of the uterus. This can be a normal feeling during intercourse, but if it is uncomfortable, you can experiment with him penetrating you less deeply.

I think that your urine symptoms are probably not related. If it is just dark (no blood) and has an odour, you're likely to be dehydrated, which causes your urine to become more concentrated. I'd encourage you to drink plenty of water.

If you're also having pain on passing urine or needing to urinate more frequently/ urgently, this could be the beginning if a urinary tract infection. In this case, you'd need to see a doctor for treatment.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.