Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » My GF says I'm to big

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My GF says I'm to big
Blackstock
Neophyte
Member # 40589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a 49 year old male and shes a 56 year old female after 3 months of dating we made it to the next step in which it's been over 4 years for her.

She instructed me to go very slow and I followed her instructions, we had no foreplay but she did use lotion for lubrication it ended up being wonderful for both of us.

After a few days she called me on the phone and told me that she has been in pain all week and that she had a tear inside and that she would not be able to be intimate with me again that I was to large for her.

I have to say that she is a very small woman, but I'm not sure what to do now as this relationship may come to an end.

Posts: 2 | From: Austin Tx | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackstock, Scarleteen is intended for young people. We can help to some degree with older people, but for the most part, we ask that considerably older people please use adult resources much more available to them, and tailored to them, than to our users. It's important for us as an organization to put most of our time and energy into issues fro those in their teens and twenties, and to have content here be about them.

And this may well be very much age-related in a way that has nothing to do with our users issues. Your partner is at an age where she most likely is either pre-menopausal, in menopause, or post-menopause. Often, just before, during or after menopause, vaginal intercourse is something that gets very different for women due to massive changes in lubrication and thinning of the vaginal tissue. That's not about your size: it's about making sure the kinds of sex you are having work with where her body is at, which usually means always using a good lubricant, always engaging in a LOT of foreplay, making sex more about sexual activities besides intercourse, etc.

By the way, someone's body weight or size has nothing to do with their genitals.

So, if you two are still dating, I'd suggest you both just read up on this (if you're dating in your age group, it's going to be pertinent for you even if you two don't see each other again) or that she talk to her OB/GYN about this. There is a lot of good lit out now in most bookstores pertaining to menopause and its effects, including sexual effects. (Of course, intercourse for a majority of women with zero foreplay doesn't tend to feel very good, no matter their age.)

However, if she is saying she doesn't want to see you anymore, period, that's a moot point, and it probably isn't just about sex.

[ 10-10-2008, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstock
Neophyte
Member # 40589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry and thank you, it was very helpful.
Posts: 2 | From: Austin Tx | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just a side note: lotion is not the best idea for lubrication. You would be better off using a lubrication intended for sexual purposes, such as astroglide or any other water soluble lube.
Lotion isn't intended to be used on genital tissue like the vagina, and can lead to irritation.)

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No need to be sorry, we just want to keep it pertinent, and menopause-based sexual issues are a long way off for our users. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.