Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Anyone else with this problem?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else with this problem?
sootandstars
Neophyte
Member # 38726

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sootandstars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me start with how this all began:

My boyfriend was admitted into the hospital at the beginning of May because he had a MRSA infection on the side of his leg. He was in the hospital for 8 days & a few days after he was released, we had sex. Then the nightmare begins. ):

Every since he got out of the hospital, I have had a combination of yeast infections & bladder infections. I've used over-the-counter creams & pills, taken cranberry pills, drank unsweetened cranberry juice, taken prenatal vitamins (I hear they're better for you.), changed soaps, & God knows what else. It's now gotten to the point where it hurts for him to enter the cervix when we're about to do it.. that's been going on for about a month or more now. (Sorry for TMI.)

I'm not sure if it's linked to anything at the hospital but it's getting ridiculous. I know I should probably go to the doctor but I wanted someone else's opinion before I go. Any information would be much appreciated. (:

Posts: 1 | From: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wifey_type_2
Activist
Member # 39028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wifey_type_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
plz go b4 it gets worst
Posts: 84 | From: Montgomery | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to be clear, your boyfriend's penis (or anything else, save sperm) isn't entering your cervix. I take it you mean your vagina?

Given you haven't yet had any of these treated with anything but DIY's that don't seem to be helping, and these infections may have spread at this point given how long you have had them for, I'd simply advise getting in and getting seen by your healthcare provider ASAP.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.