Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Skip to my lube my darling.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skip to my lube my darling.
Anodyne
Neophyte
Member # 38761

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Anodyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I've taken to masturbating, but I think it would be more enjoyable with some extra lubrication to lessen the friction that my own can't make up for. I'm far too shy to purchase any from the store while my mother is there, but there's not store within walking distance and she'd have to drive me. Online purchases are not an option either. What would be the best approach to obtaining some?

--------------------
The garden was a poem with a broken frame.

Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There aren't really any common household things that would be advisable to use as lube for females (ie Vaseline, lotions, etc) due to the risk of giving yourself infections etc. So, it really is best to stick to proper storebought lubes, unfortunately. Is there any other way you could get to a store? With a friend perhaps, or by riding a bike, or taking a bus or cab?

The only other thing I can think of suggesting is to use your own saliva- while it certainly doesn't last too long, it can still do the job for some things.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vixenchic42
Neophyte
Member # 5972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vixenchic42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how!! And it won't even cost you! I had this problem too, I was very curious about lube but too shy to go get some. What you can do is fill out little forms on internet sites of people who make lube. Then, they will send you free samples of lube in the mail. It takes a while, but all of the ones I got came in regular envelopes that don't indicate what's inside. You would just have to be careful not to open your mail in front of your mom for a while. One upside to that, however, is that kids here (and I assume other places too) use free samples of lube and condoms as a practical joke. The send it to their friends and think it's funny. So if your mom saw, you could play it off that way. The only problem is that they're pretty small, and won't last forever. If you end up really liking them, you'll have to go get some, one way or another.

Now that I think of it, I know that KY and Astroglide give out freebees, and I think wet might too. You'll just have to google it.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.