Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Possible Infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible Infection?
Zen Chocolate Milk
Neophyte
Member # 38401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zen Chocolate Milk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey yall.

First post.

So, yesterday I went to the doc because I've had a stiff and sore neck. One of my lymph nodes is really swollen. I've also had fevers, and alternating chills and feelings of being too hot.

The doc said it might be mono, so she ordered some bloodwork. I won't know the results for a week.

What I'm concerned about is that the left inner lip of my vagina has been hurting. I decided to check it, and I found that there was a tear or a cut. Next to it though was a roundish looking tear/cut/something.

I starting riding a bike recently, I was wondering if that could have torn my lip. Also, I shave down there too.

I'm worried because I checked the infection section. Genital herpes shares alot of the symptoms I've been having. The only problem is that I've never had intercourse, let alone unprotected intercourse. My boyfriend gave me unprotected oral sex once, but that was at least two months ago. I don't believe he has oral herpes, and I've never seen them on his lips or tongue. I do not have oral herpes either.

My boyfriend also almost always washes his hands before manual sex.

I've heard that you can contract STIs from using public restrooms, but I always make an effort to cover the toilet seat with either toilet paper or a seat protector before I sit down.

I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance, or maybe some more information. I'm very very scared.

Posts: 29 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your boyfriend has oral herpes, then he can also transmit the disease while he doesn't have an outbreak. And it's entirely possible that he does have it, and just hasn't had an outbreak in the time you've known him. Have you two discussed this?

However, you can't diagnose this yourself, so you'll want to see a doctor. And you'll want to d this soon, while the tears/cuts are still there, so they can take a look.

And since you're starting to be sexually active, you'll also want to start getting STI testing. You cannot get STIs from a toilet seat, but there are STIs that can also be transmitted in non-sexual ways, so even if you haven't been sexually active, you'll still want to get tested to be on the safe side (and you'll want to talk to your partner about getting tested, too).

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.