Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Trichomoniasis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trichomoniasis
StarHallie
Activist
Member # 27531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarHallie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that when the condom broke with my last partner I might have gotten Trich. My symptoms:

1. Increased discharge, which happens to be a perfect yellow-green color (although it's not frothy... it's more thick and opaque)
2. Pain, itching, and a swollen labia minora after intercourse (my labia minora also has gotten dry and even looked like it was peeling a little bit at one point)

What do you all think?

I'm not having sex until I get this resolved. I'm going to try to see the GYN tomorrow morning (rather, sit there until they can fit me in).

I read that Trich can exaccerbate cervical cell changes. Is this something I should worry about, since I have high-risk HPV?

Thanks in advance... yet again :-)

--------------------
"Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go, it's one of the best."
-Woody Allen

Posts: 231 | From: California, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Hallie, good to see you. Sorry for the circumstances of why, though!

Trich is certainly very common, and those are symptoms in line with it. It might also just be a case of BV.

I don't see a need to worry here, since you're heading right to your doc in the morning, so I'd just go to bed tonight, head there straightaway tomorrow, and see what they say.

You being sure to use extra lube with condoms to help assure they don't break?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarHallie
Activist
Member # 27531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarHallie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Heather, you're so quick! Sometimes I forget why I love it here at Scarleteen, but you always remind me! :-)

I'm glad I shouldn't worry very much about this. Actually, I think my partner is worrying more than I am! I think the major thing I'm concerned about is the HPV. Any thoughts on that part of the equation?

--------------------
"Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go, it's one of the best."
-Woody Allen

Posts: 231 | From: California, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My impression is that you do a great job keeping up with your preventative healthcare, and don't put off getting checked out with things like this. So, I wouldn't really be too concerned about an HPV or cervical cancer complication if you did get an infection since you're getting care quickly.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarHallie
Activist
Member # 27531

Okay. Thank you, Heather. And yes... I've been using tubes and tubes of Astroglide gel :-)

--------------------
-Woody Allen

StarHallie
Activist
Member # 27531

I saw the GYN this morning. He did a wet mount, and it ended up being BV. He did a crappy job at answering my questions. He just gave me a sample of Clindesse, and that was it. He even said that it wasn't necessary for me to even use the Clindesse. Is this true?

Will this clear up on its own? Can I still have sex? Will it make it worse if I do? Does my partner need to be treated as well? Despite asking many questions, I left really quite confused. [Frown]

--------------------
-Woody Allen

StarHallie
Activist
Member # 27531

Also, do you have any idea whether or not it's safe to use the Clindesse antibiotic cream with the Nuvaring?

--------------------
-Woody Allen

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.