Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sex After Giving Birth...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex After Giving Birth...
Puddin
Neophyte
Member # 32221

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Puddin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So i had my baby 7 weeks ago and i am feeling like im ready to have sex agian. i had sex with my boyfriend for the first time today and i was really nervous because im scared that my vagina is going to be very loose. When he put his penis inside of me it really hurt and i bled a bit after. but maybe i just wasnt wet enough... anyways i was wondering what kinda things i could do to get my vaginal mucles back in shape. and was wondering if i just had orgasms from clitoral stimulation and no actual vaginal penetraion if it would work my mucles to my them tighter or if it would do reverse.

--------------------
Puddin xox

Posts: 20 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In general, unless you had some very severe injury during the process of giving birth, your vagina should return to it's prior state pretty much on its own. On average, I believe they say that things should be back to a pre-birth state in (on average, again) 7-8 weeks after delivery. So in other words, there's going to be no permanent "looseness" after giving birth. Sometimes some Kegel exercises can help speed the process along and also allow you to have more control over those muscles.

If you're having pain during sex, then it's probably a good idea to hold off on penetrative sex for a while longer. Pain is your body's way of saying something is wrong. Sometimes, pain and bleeding can be related to being nervous (which it sounds like you were) or to a decrease in lubrication.

I'd suggest a couple of things here...first, and especially if you are still having pain or if you had any significant injury or tearing when you delivered, call your doctor and ask them about this. Sometimes we can feel ready for something when our bodies are not quite there yet. Next, I'd probably suggest holding off penetrative activities for another week or so. Since you've had bleeding during/after sex, that indicates that there is (at least now) some sort of injury (likely minor) going on. Probably at least a slight abrasion or tear in the tissue. That needs to heal and an additional week will give you further time for your vaginal tissue to heal from childbirth as well. And finally, before you are sexually active again, make sure that you are really wanting penetrative activities and are relaxed and aroused. It might also be wise to make sure you're also using a condom-safe lubricant to further smooth the way.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.