Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I really don't know?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I really don't know?
thinkabelle
Neophyte
Member # 38584

Icon 4 posted      Profile for thinkabelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 16 and have been with my boyfriend for some time now...ok..We have felt each other ..kissed for hours..but I was thinking of going further...

But what I was woundering what is the secret of not becoming pregnant?..What is the best time...I heard that if you do it within 10 day after your period you can't get pregnant ..Is this true ??.. I know that you have to wear a condom and I also heard that the boy could pull out before he cums but I feel that it is not safe.

p.s -I am a virgin

--------------------
A.P

Posts: 1 | From: carribean | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thinkabelle, welcome to the site.

We actually have a bunch of great articles that tell you all about what your questions are asking.

There is no "big secret". The only way to 100% not be pregnant is by abstaining (not having sex). But, since this doesn't work for everyone there are a lot of methods that people use to avoid getting pregnant.

Some methods are very close to 100%, such as using a condom and taking oral contraceptives (birth control).

Check these links out!

Birth Control Bingo!
First Intercourse 101
Is THAT All There Is?
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments

It may seem like a lot. but be sure you check out the article called "Ready or Not" because it is an awesome one.

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.