Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » do i have a yeast infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: do i have a yeast infection?
fifimcfae
Neophyte
Member # 26599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fifimcfae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
early last week, i trimmed some of my pubic hair. since then, the inner part of my labia is dry and itchy. i don't have any odd discharge that i've noticed, but it definitely hurt pretty badly to have intercourse and i had to stop. could i have a yeast infection?

also, i am in college so it's pretty impossible for me to see MY doctor. should i be alarmed at the quality of college gynecological exams?

i am also supposed to get my period on wednesday. could this be a symptom of that? it's never happened before which is why i'm thinking it's not.

please help! i need this horrifying itchiness to stop!

--------------------
if they ask why we left in the first place
say we were young and we were so in love
...i guess we just needed space.

Posts: 33 | From: indianapolis, IN USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flower_fairy
Activist
Member # 36070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flower_fairy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you up to date with STI checks? If not, it *could* be a symptom of that, or as you say maybe a yeast infection.
I don't know about college gynecological exams over there but I'm guessing they should be fine - much better to get this checked out.

--------------------
"Life isn't about avoiding the showers, it's about learning how to dance in the rain"

Posts: 46 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.