Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Penis worry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Penis worry
lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lfc4life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found a kind of a lump on my penis today it's the size of a small berry! Not sure if should go to doctors or wait a week or so to see if it goes away because think it may be a cut infected but not sure. What should I do? Can take a pic of the lump only if helps any?

Thanks

Posts: 49 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like something you should see your health care provider about. If it does not reduce in size or go away within a day or so, I'd go ahead and call your doctor (especially since it may take a few days or a week for you to get in to be seen anyway). If it gets any larger, becomes red, irritated, hurts, feels hot to the touch, or starts seeping anything (or if you notice any other weird symptoms going on with your body), call your doctor immediately. If this is some type of an infection, you don't want it getting out of control.

Your doctor may be able to tell you how to treat this over the phone. Or, worst case, you make an appointment and if it ends up going away, you can simply cancel your appointment. But this is not something that anybody can diagnose over the internet, it needs to be seen by a real medical professional.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.