Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Lube

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lube
Becky 12345
Neophyte
Member # 35587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becky 12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I lost my virginity, it was recommended to me to use lube as this would help with the penetration and indeed it did - It was not painful for me at all and I did not bleed. However, neither myself nor my boyfriend felt any pleasure during intercourse and I was told that it may have been due to the lube we were using: we were using a Durex one which is ' Tingly' and had Menthol in it. I was told that this lube can numb the area, hence why we didn't feel anything. Is this true?

[ 11-05-2007, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: Becky 12345 ]

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That certainly could have contributed to it.

Have you tried switching brands?

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Becky 12345
Neophyte
Member # 35587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becky 12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not yet, but I am going to look for a different brand to use next time.

Can the amount of lube affect pleasure, for example, if you use too much can it minimise the amount of pleasure you feel?

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With numbing or tingling lubes, the amount may certainly affect sensation, but with most normal lubes, the more the merrier. [Smile]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny2468
Neophyte
Member # 33497

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny2468     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do the tingling lubes do much at all? ive heard from several people the numbing side effect, surely beats the purpose in the first place...?
Posts: 25 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people like them, others don't. Personally speaking, I avoid warming or tingling lubes, simply because for me they cause a pretty bad burning sensation once they get on my vulva or in my vagina. (My partner didn't experience anything different at all, on the flip side!)

As for the numbing ones, some people use them for the decreased sensation. The thing to keep in mind is that it'll decrease sensation for all parties involved.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.