Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Confused...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused...
honeybee123
Neophyte
Member # 35205

Icon 5 posted      Profile for honeybee123         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there.

I've been with my bf for over a year and I'd like to have sex. I'm a virgin, but I've been on the pill for a while now due to really bad menstural pain. My question is, will I still be safe (ie. wont get pregnant) if I stopped using my pills to have a period and then just started on a new pack? I'm not sure if that question makes sense.... how long do I have to be taking the pill to be safe?

Also, what exactly is a girl supposed to do during sex? I heard that the girl just lies there while the guy does all the work... that doesn't seem fair!

Posts: 12 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean the placebo week, or week off the active pills? If so, then, yes, you are completely protected for pregnancy during that week, as well as throughout the rest of your cycle.

As long as you've been taking your pills correctly, then you are protected for pregnancy. However, if it would help you feel more protected, by all means, pairing the pill with condoms is about the safest you can get. Plus, if you and your partner haven't been in to be screened for STIs, you'll be wanting to use condoms for protection against STI transmission until then, anyhow.

And a woman most certainly does NOT need to just lie there during sexual activity, there's a ton of different activities and positions that keep you both engaged and active, it's all just about finding what works and feels best for the both of you. [Smile]

Check out some of our articles on the main site; these in particular may help you prepare for first time sexual activity:
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
First Intercourse 101
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.