Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » so this is what happened...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so this is what happened...
anyonecanhelp
Neophyte
Member # 35177

Icon 5 posted      Profile for anyonecanhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive been on bc for a year... me and my boyfriend have been datin for 2 and half years and we've been havin sex for about 2 years.. recently we decided we wanted to have a baby.. well, if i get pregnant i get pregnant, we're not gonna be upset.. im still takin my bc, he uses condoms, but not every time... he used to pull out, but since we decided to get pregnant, he hasn't been. i need to kno what to do? i dont know for sure that i am pregnant, so i dont kno if i should stop takin my bc.. hes only got off in me 2 times.. which was yesterday and the day before.. so, what do i do? when should i take a pregnacy test?

--------------------
anyonecanhelp

Posts: 5 | From: wv | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You either want to get pregnant and are willing to make the necessary preparations to parent well, or you wish to avoid it and thus continue to use reliable contraception. Dabbling with your birth control "just to see" or to "let fate decide" isn't a very responsible start to parenting.

If you'd like to read more on the subject and get a better idea on what preparation parenting entails we have a great article on the subject:

I Want It NOW!

If you've been taking your pills correctly, the chance of you being pregnant is next to nil, as birth control pills are intended to be used as a sole method of birth control. If having a baby is something you want to do, you'll have to talk to your physician about going off the pills to concieve, as well as have a full physical checkup to see if your body is prepared to carry and birth a child.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering, since you said you were still on the pill (and have been for a year now) but were worried about having gotten pregnant even though, have you have been taking all of your pills properly or have you have missed some which explain why you've got pregnancy concerns ?

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I completely understand what is going on - you've decided you want to try for a pregnancy, but you're still using your hormonal birth control? When you're taking hormonal birth control correctly, you will not become pregnant. Also, it is generally advised for women wishing to become pregnant to wait for a few months after stopping the use of a hormonal method to try and conceive.

Like I said, if you have been taking your hormonal BC correctly, it's highly unlikely you are. Also, if you've only had encounters that could possibly result in a pregnancy, you would not even BE pregnant yet, it's way too early to tell. In 10-14 days, you can take a pregnancy risk to find out.

So, are you actively trying to conceive, or just forgo birth control? Either way, have you two discussed things such as finances (ie. how will you support a pregnancy, pre-natal care, childcare costs, etc.), pre-natal care, etc.; have you two both been in to your doctors to receive full check-ups, and you a full gynecological exam to be sure you're in good health to conceive, and also discuss things such as continuing pre-natal care?

Sorry if I misunderstood you somehow, but it's difficult to give you the best advice, when I'm not exactly sure what exactly you're looking for.

(ETA: Woah! Tripple mind-meld! Sorry, I must be slow!)

[ 09-08-2007, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anyonecanhelp
Neophyte
Member # 35177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anyonecanhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i wasn't worried!? but i do have another question...

i used the bath room the other day (pee), and when i was finished, when i went to flush, i looked in the tolit and there was a big glob of clearish looking stuff? i dont kno what it was? do you have an idea?

--------------------
anyonecanhelp

Posts: 5 | From: wv | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're taking your birth control pills correctly, then you are not likely to become pregnant.

However, please understand that if you are PLANNING to become pregnant, then it really is best that you get off the BCPs first per the health of a fetus. And so long as you are on the pill and takign it correctly, pregnancy is not likely -- if you earnestly want to try to become pregnant, taking the pill or taking it haphazardly is neither smart nor sensible.

Unless your withdrawal bleeds are late, you are not pregnant.

Just FYI? It's really best to be clear with partners if you're going to decide to parent, rather than being very casual about it, since being pregnant, sustaining a pregnany, giving birth and raising a child are neither casual things, nor things that tend to often go well without preparation, especially without financial preparation. It's not just a mater of if you or he are going to be upset if you become pregnant: there's someone else then in the equation whose health and well-being needs to be the priority, above your own needs or wants.

It's also often wise to check in with your gynecologist for your yearly exam BEFORE trying to become pregnant.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Looks like we're all slow.)

Per what you saw in the toilet, it was likely normal vaginal discharge.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anyonecanhelp
Neophyte
Member # 35177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anyonecanhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, it was alot? my friends sister said it might be a kidney infection? what do you think?

--------------------
anyonecanhelp

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Symptoms of a kidney infection usually are more severe, like fever, chills, and burning during urination/blood in urine.

It sounds like normal vaginal discharge, and it should be no cause for concern unless it's causing itching or irritation. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A change in discharge isn't going to signify a kidney infection - if you had a kidney infection, you'd be likely experiencing a lot of worse symptoms: painful urination, feeling the need to urinate frequently, pains in your lower sides/back (where you kidneys are), possible fever, etc.

The discharge you saw, like Heather said, was likely just normal vaginal discharge. It can come out in what seems like a large amount every now and again, not abnormal.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anyonecanhelp
Neophyte
Member # 35177

thanks guys. you helped me w/ somewhat more than i knew.

--------------------
anyonecanhelp

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.