Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Could I get pregnant?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I get pregnant?!
JustCrystal
Neophyte
Member # 34267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JustCrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so nervous and scared right now! Okay, so I went to the movies with my boyfriend tonight... and we started having a little "fun" in the movie theater. I was "playing" with him, and he was putting his hand in my pants, fingering me. (I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to give information like this, but I'm just really scared...) Well, I'd been playing with him for a while before I put my hand in my pants to guide him to where to do it, and I stuck my finger inside me, not thinking that that was the hand I'd been playing with him with... now I'm extremely nervous and scared that I might get pregnant... is it a possibilty, what with my playing with him, and possibly (though I'm not sure) getting his pre-cum on my fingers and then putting them in my vagina? I'm not sure if they had the pre-cum on them, as I was using my spit as lubrication, but I'm just so worried. I really don't need a baby right now, and he said not to worry about it because he doesn't think there was anything on my fingers... what should I do? I haven't gotten my period this month yet, so I'm gonna be anxiously waiting on it... sometimes I skip a month and if I skip this month I'm gonna be so worried! So is this a possibility or am I just over-reacting? Please help!
Posts: 11 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you actually have physical contact with his genitals, or was it just through his clothes? If you didn't come in physical contact with his penis, you have nothing to worry about.

Either way, really, there isn't too much to get worked up over here. Your hands would have to be literally dripping with semen to present a viable risk. So sit back and relax.

On that note, though, keep in mind that having sex or participating in sexual activity in a public place is considered lewd conduct and can be a punishable crime. So if you're going to be sexual, keep it to a private place, even if just out of respect for others.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustCrystal
Neophyte
Member # 34267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JustCrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks, but yes, I did have physical contact with his genitals. I'm not sure if there actually was pre-cum on my fingers or not, but I put them in me and I was just so worried. So what you're saying is that if it was just a little bit of it, then I have nothing to worry about?
Posts: 11 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not nothing: the risk of sexually transmitted infections is more pervasive than a risk of pregnancy with this, and that's not nothing. So, do be sure you both get up-to-date with your STI screenings.

But per the pregnancy, again, we can't say there is no risk, but it certainly is most likely an incredibly small risk, if that.

You could get EC if it would make you feel better, but personally, I would not say it is at all necessary in this scenario.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustCrystal
Neophyte
Member # 34267

Okay. My boyfriend has never had sex before, or done anything with anyone, so I figured maybe he wouldn't have any STDs or anything. That would be right, right? Well I feel a little better, but next time I'll be more careful.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If neither of you has had any previous partners for any sort of sexual activity, then the risk of STIs is low. There's never no risk, but in most cases where both partners have had no previous partners for ANY sexual activity, the risks are usually low.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustCrystal
Neophyte
Member # 34267

Thanks for all this information, it really made me feel a lot better.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.