Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Masterbation hurts me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masterbation hurts me!
iAnastasia
Neophyte
Member # 35598

Icon 9 posted      Profile for iAnastasia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh gosh I feel really stupid asking this question, but I really want an ansewer. Anyhow, I have been trying masterbation lately, and I've done a couple of things. I've used objects and even my own fingers. I don't ever feel this "pleasure" that people talk about. Alls I feel is just pain! Is there something wrong with me?

Alls I know is that my doctor says that my vagina is closed more than it should be, and he needs to cut it open. Could that have anything to do with it? Am I masterbating wrong? Whats going on!?!

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joz_12345
Neophyte
Member # 35586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joz_12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
perhaps your putting to much pressure on it while your doing it, try just stimulating the clitoris and then it should start to feel gd you dont need a lot of pressure

--------------------
Joz_12345

Posts: 19 | From: Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you talking about vaginal insertion here ? If so, you know, most people don't find vaginal insertion that pleasurable. The vagina doesn't have much nerve endings compared to other parts of the female body such as the clitoris. So it's not that uncommon for vaginal insertion to not feel pleasurable for some women. Also, what feels good for a given person might not necessarily also feel good for YOU. The key is to experiment to find what feels best for YOU.

BUT although vaginal insertion doesn't feel that good to you, it shouldn't hurt. There might be a lot of possible reasons for that pain. Are you using enough lube when masturbating ? Are you really aroused before attempting vaginal insertion, be it with fingers or toys ? Do you want to have vaginal insertion in the first place ? Are you having any worries whasoever during it (are you tensed, it can happen especially when it's something new) ? Those are all things to ruled out.

Also, may I ask where you feel the pain ? Is it specifically at the entrance of your vagina or elsewhere ?

I'm not too sure here as to what your condition really is (is it about you having a resilient hymen or is it about other things ?) so I can't be much help in telling you whether or not this might have something to do with the pain you experience. So this might be a great question to ask your gyn about.

(Also, just a safe-sex reminder in case you didn't know already, it's important to make sure your fingers are clean and well-cut (a better thing is to wear gloves) before you have vaginal insertion with fingers in order to avoid getting an infection or abrasion to your vaginal lining. Also, for the same reason it's also important too to make sure, when using a toy, that it is clean or if you can't wash it, to cover it with a condom. Also, if it's not a sex toy it's important to make sure the object you're using does not have sharp edges that could lead to injuries.)

[ 10-28-2007, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny2468
Neophyte
Member # 33497

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny2468     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
have a look at some of the websites online for female masturbation. loads of great tips, im sure one will feel good for you.
definately pay some attention to the clitoris.

Posts: 25 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.