Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » sensible vaginal entrance area

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sensible vaginal entrance area
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed, and this has been going on for some time now, that when I masturbate, there is some incomfort right around my vaginal entrance and I feel sorta like a burning sensation in that particular area.

And, that happens too during intercourse with my boyfriend. We do use enough lube IMAO but there is a kinda sharp weird burning feeling that happens during entry and during thrusting too and that just cause me to tense up.

And I also found it happens too during or after a bike ride. The pain/burning disappears right after the bike ride. (maybe after one or two minutes). I thought at first this was normal but now that I have learned about vulvar vestibulitis I am really scared I might have something like that.

[ 06-04-2007, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds a bit like my symptoms, especially if it's brought on by bike-riding in addition to entry, though I'm no pro! You already know well enough the guidelines in the painful sex article, so I'm assuming getting to a gynecologist is your next step. Were you satisfied with the care you got during your last visit? If not, or you feel you received wishy-washy answers, it's time to find a new one.
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

I'm sorta like confused though.

I mean it happens quite often when I masturbate but yet I am able to orgasm or have pleasure. It's not extremly bothersome but that is still a small burning that is there. And it goes away right after I stop or after some time I'm doing it.

As for intercourse, it kinda hurt. There was burning and well it didn't help with me being relaxed at all. I really don't want that to happen again.

The bike riding thing is kinda alarming to me on top of everything else.

Does the vaginal burning in VV generally is there pretty much all day long even without sexual activity (like even by just sitting) ? (Guess it depends on the severity of the cases, but in general....)

I just went to see a gyn not long ago but yet didn't talked about that. So maybe I should go again (or maybe after trying again and with some more lube ? But yet I fear this could create vaginismus somehow.)

[ 06-04-2007, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pure vestibulitis is provoked -- meaning, symptoms are only present when pressure is exerted on the mouth of the vagina, through vaginal insertion, tight pants, or bike riding. Vulvodynia is when pain occurs unprovoked.

Most women with either condition often have no clitoral pain and are able to reach orgasm; vaginal insertion is just daunting.

I'd suggest you get back into your GYN. You'll need to be screened for all vaginal infections and STI's, and checked for physical problems like a resilient hymen or vaginimus. Only when all physical causes/infectious traces are ruled out will vulvodynia/VVS be considered, and it's diagnosed with a simple Q-tip test to gauge the pain of the vaginal opening.

I'd also suggest you stop having intercourse, especially if you notice yourself tensing up. This could be the development of secondary (or primary, if it's the cause all along) vaginusmus, which can often occur after an episode of vaginal pain, and is only worsened by repeated painful stimulus.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

quote:
You'll need to be screened for all vaginal infections and STI's, and checked for physical problems like a resilient hymen or vaginimus.
Even though I just gotten a STIs screening not long ago and it was all okay ? As for a resilient hymen or vaginismus, wouldn't it likely be ruled out by now after several gyn check-ups and the GYN not saying anything to me about those things ?

I could for sure go but I'm afraid this likely won't be of big use since I already went not long ago and everything seemed to be fine. I'm afraid they'll just tell me to wait a little more and use more lube and see if everything changes...

[ 06-04-2007, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

If it was a full panel including herpes, you should be clear there. I had a full STI screen and my GYN still wanted to double-check for herpes, since it's a good cause of many cases of vaginal pain.

Did you communicate any pain during the speculum exams? I can't see a good provider ignoring that.

Sounds like you need to go doc shopping. I don't know how the health-care system works there, but you'd do well to find out what doctors are covered by insurance in your area, and call every single one of them up, ask to speak to the doctor or nurse, and ask if they know what vulvodynia is and how many women they see with it. If you'd like to see your current doc, it couldn't hurt to call him/her up and ask before making your next appointment.

Not to jump the gun and say this is the cause, but someone who acknowledges the condition and treats it is less likely to be dismissive of vaginal complaints and more likely to be keeping current on women's health concerns.

[ 06-04-2007, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

(holy hiccups from hell! Glass of e-water needed!)

[ 06-04-2007, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

(hiccup!)

[ 06-04-2007, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

quote:
Did you communicate any pain during the speculum exams ?
Yeah, kinda. I didn't yell ''ouch'' or anything but I told her it hurts and she was more careful and said this will be alright, that it won't last long. And the nurse was there too for me to squeeze her hands so it helped a bit.

I guess I'll do just what you proposed. It's not that funny to get back to a gyn again given I've already went not long ago but as you said I think that's the best thing to do here.

And, I'll also try to explain to my boyfriend why I don't want to have sex anytime soon again and I hope he'll understand.

--------------------

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

There you go! Be assertive. Bring in a list of all the things you've done to improve your situation, remind her that you've come out clear for infection, how long the pain has lasted/you've been aware of it, what it's like and where it's at, and what makes it better (if anything).

Don't accept being told to go back to conventional methods like lubricant and foreplay; you've done those already, and it doesn't work. It's time to find a cause; sex isn't naturally painful.

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Well I'm not too too sure. Maybe that's a lubrication or arousal issue for the intercourse part(especially given it was new for me and I know I was a bit tensed to begin with so it for sure doesn't really help much here, nor does it help for the speculum exam) but the bike thing definatly sounds a bit weird to me on top of this issue being present with masturbation too (although the burning is far lesser there compared to the one during intercourse and doesn't inhibit me from having sometimes orgasms from vaginal stimulation).

So I don't really know where to stand really. I'll get that checked out in case that's VV and I don't want to possibly end up with vaginismus due to me keeping on trying having sex when pain is present. So I'll probably do that.

Thanks Lauren a whole lot for the advice and your patience ! [Smile]

[ 06-04-2007, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Just wanted to give a small update. I read your article Lauren and nope, I don't think I have the same condition as you, now that I've read more about it.

It has gotten better anyway now that I've had sex a few times with my partner. (I thought I was going to try again with more lube and me being more relaxed and it worked finally) So I think the issues were most likely a lack of lubrication and nervousness, as simple as that or some imcomfort due to the hymen (based on my gyn sayings) ??? Of course, there is still some incomfort (a small pain), but it's no BIG pain at all that make you want to end it as fast as possible you know ?

As for other stuff as the speculum, it is far from the pain you described...so I'm guessing that's normal stuff and not something to worry that much about.

But thanks ! Your article really helped. [Smile]

[ 06-15-2007, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.