Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Splash Pregnancy(Help!!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Splash Pregnancy(Help!!)
j102391
Neophyte
Member # 34012

Icon 4 posted      Profile for j102391     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Ok so yesterday my boyfriend and I were rubbing against each other(dry humping) he wore his boxers while I had on underwear and pajama pants...fluid soaked through to the underwear but not in the area of the opening of female parts,when i checked, my skin was slightly damp but it was further up from the opening and the only fluid on the panties around the female area was my own, so I took of the dirty clothes and washed the area with soap. Now I'm scared out of my mind and can't think of anything but that, neither of us are near ready to be pregnant and I have finals soon, I just can't afford to be running around thinking of nothing but the possiblity of being pregnant... If anyone could help me out here it would be more than greatly appreciated, i have already looked at the page with the ranges of possiblities and risk factors but can't really make much use of it...I hope with the given details someone can help me with this one.
Posts: 9 | From: newfoundland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can put your mind at ease. From what you describe, the risks are pretty much none existent. Sperm is not resilient enough to make it through several layers of clothes.

To avoid this kind of stress in the future, I recommend you use a condom for all sexual contact, or abstain entirely until you feel ready to deal with the possible consequences.

Hope this helps

(Also, hope none of this sounds harsh or anything. Not at all my intention [Smile] )

[ 05-24-2007, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j102391
Neophyte
Member # 34012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j102391     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh god no, it doesn't sound harsh at all....I just REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you're right.(but are you sure....well of course i know you can't be 100% sure..but it just really scared the hell out of me when the one area of panty was soaked in fluid...boxers=cotton,pj's also cotton and panties ,that new micro fiber stuff....probably something cotton....)and my period doesn't come till sometime in the middle of my exams so it's not like a week before the exams my period comes and I'm relaxed enough to get in some decent study time...and I worked so hard to bring my marks up...
Posts: 9 | From: newfoundland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j102391
Neophyte
Member # 34012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j102391     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh and thank you so much I hope you're right !
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally understand about the stress, and not wanting to mess up your exams with it. I really think you have nothing to worry about though. Sperm just isn't strong enough to swim through 3 layers of clothes. It's more likely that the wet spot you felt was your own bodily fluids, or even sweat from both of you.

Also, did your boyfriend even ejaculate? If he didn't, the chances of a pregnancy from this are really next to none.

I don't think it's necessary at all, but if it'll put your mind at ease, and help you stop stressing, you still have time to get Emergency Contraception (The sooner you take it, the better it is. You have a 120 hour time frame where it's still effective, but by the 4th or 5th day after the risk, you're pushing the limit). You could even call your doctor, or a clinic and ask if they think EC is a good idea.

If you do decide to go for that though, just know that it could mess up your cycle, and make your period late, or cause mid-cycle spotting.

Again though, I don't think EC is necessary at all. I don't know if this helps at all, but if I was in that same situation, I wouldn't take EC.

I hope I've helped put your mind more at ease, and feel free to ask more questions if you've got them.

Oh and, welcome to Scarleteen!

[ 05-24-2007, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j102391
Neophyte
Member # 34012

thank you [Smile] as for the details, yes he did ejaculate, and the liquid on the panties was his fluids but it was a bit further up from the opening, the fluid had soaked through the panties... I am a bit more calm about it , we had a loooong conversation about it and he's (almost) assured me and kind of calmed me down enough to get my head on straight even though I know he's as worried as I am...we were both really shocked by what happened , I mean we had done that a dozen times before but it had never soaked through like that ever. Thanks for the welcome , I love this site already, there's a lot of good information. Well after this month we won't have to worry as much because I'm beginning the pill, I've had it in my dresser since march but decided not to take it right away for several reasons but this really has my mind made up, hopefully this is just a scare that I need to start using the Alesse in the drawer
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

No problem. I'm glad you're calmer about things now.

Starting birth control of some kind is definitely a good idea if you're planning on continuing to be sexually active.

You should also make sure that you (and your boyfriend) get yearly STI tests by the way. It's definitely something that's just as important as birth control.

[Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

j102391
Neophyte
Member # 34012

mhmm, that's definetly a good idea, but neither of us have had sex before, well vaginal sex... I have had a female partner before(oral) but that wouldn't lead to an STI would it? and that was a long time ago ,so if i had anything I would know right?As for him he hasn't done anything with anyone else.(and he's 2 years older than I am, a total sweetheart,intelligent, loving,gorgeous!..ect oh my.. [Smile] )heh sorry [Big Grin]
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

If you didn't use a dental dam with your previous female partner, there is a chance of STI transmission. I don't think the risks are all that high, but there's still a chance. If it's been a long time, chances are good you would have noticed something by now, but you never know, so it's a good idea to get tested simply because you're sexually active.

Also, some STIs can be transmitted through non-sexual contact - oral herpes for example. Cold sores are a product of oral herpes, and the virus can be transmitted by sharing a drink, or kissing a family member. It's a really common virus.

I'm not saying these things to stress you out. Just want to make sure the possible risks are clear. Until you and your partner have had at least two full STI screens that have come back negative, and have been in a monogamous relationship together for at least 1 year, you should use barrier methods of protection (like a condom and dental dam).

Hope this info helps!

[Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

j102391
Neophyte
Member # 34012

Well, it will be a year for us in oct, and shortly after I start taking the pills I have to go to my family doctor and have a physical done.
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

When you go to your family doctor, you should ask to be tested for STIs, and if he/she doesn't do that, you can ask for a referral to a GYN.

You should also remind your boyfriend that he needs to be tested regularly too if he doesn't already know.

[Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.