Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Orgasmless

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Orgasmless
belle3113
Neophyte
Member # 33179

Icon 9 posted      Profile for belle3113     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been sexually active for seven months now, and have yet to experience my first orgasm during sex. It seems as time has gone on I have lost interest in sex, and I am really starting to think it is impossible. I have tried many different positions, oral, my boyfriend has tried using his hands... I don't know what else I can do.

I have read statistics about women having a hard time achieving orgasm during sexual intercourse, but surely it isn't impossible. I do not have a very high sex drive and often I get dry and have to use a lubricant. At times it hurts because I cannot seem to get excited. I have been told to focus on the sensations themselves and to stop worrying about it, and I have done just that but it seems that everything I have tried so far has failed.

Posts: 1 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you orgasm and pleasure yourself during masturbation, via a toy or your own two hands? If you can, don't give up hope quite yet [Smile]

It is true that *most* women don't get tons of pleasure from intercourse alone. The further you get into the vaginal canal, the fewer nerve endings there are: add to that lubrication issues, arousal issues, and a general lack of interest in sex, and you've got this sort of situation.

Try not to get too discouraged; there are plenty of young women in your position. If you can work things out with masturbating, take what you do there and apply it to partnered sex. See what happens.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceOnABlueMoon
Activist
Member # 33148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OnceOnABlueMoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thing that could be interesting to consider is birth control methods. Some women experience loss of libido on the pill and other hormonal treatments. A change in dosage or a switch from one brand to another, might suddenly make your libido skyrocket, or could have no effect. Even if nothing changes it's always worth looking into. Otherwise it is about excitement, comfort, relaxation, and also not thinking about it, and not doubting especially. Expecting to come away without an orgasm kills it even before one has begun.

Good luck!!!

Posts: 48 | From: North of Hell South of Paradise | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naive Melody
Neophyte
Member # 33216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Naive Melody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you thought of not having sex for a while, to really experiment with foreplay?

I have to say, my heart goes out to you - my bf couldn't get aroused because neither could I, so we ended it. Pretty sad. Just be glad you're with someone who perseveres. xx

Posts: 5 | From: Ox/Bris, UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.