Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Just fretting...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just fretting...
monkey_see_monkey_do
Neophyte
Member # 32105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey_see_monkey_do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do these observations say to you?:

-Redness around the edge of the foreskin for the past week or two,
-Small, sensitive lumps on the edge of the foreskin for a couple of days,
White fluidy substance underneath the foreskin,
Slightly tight foreskin around the edge..
It did sting when I pee'd yesterday too, but that's gone now..

Haven't had unsafe in a while, and not directly prior to noticing all this, and never seen anything like this on me before, but then I know some STIs can take a while to show themselves.

Also, I'm beginning to think theres too much skin on my penis. The picture on the 'erection' article on wikipedia shows a flacid penis with the foreskin not completely covering the head, whereas mine does, and some!

[ 02-24-2007, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: monkey_see_monkey_do ]

--------------------
"Trying - The First Step Towards Faliure" - Homer

...Simpson

Posts: 15 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 100% normative for an uncut penis to have foreskin completely covering the head, even draping over it quite substantially. One illustration isn't a sound place to get ideas about what's normal per your genitals: the diversity of genital appearance is nearly as vast as the diversity of overall appearance.

I promise. [Smile]

What you describe could be totally normal and healty (and remember, the foreskin does create it's own bits of fluid). Or, it could be your penis is aggravated by something benign, like masturbating, or swappong detergents, etc. OR you could have some kind of infection. It's really impossible to say, and as you know, no one can provide any sort of diagnisis with this type of stuff over the internet or phone.

So, if you're really concernd, have your doc take a look. if you're not up-to-date with your annual STI screenings and have been sexually active before, then get up to date. otherwise? i wouldn't sweat it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68233 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkey_see_monkey_do
Neophyte
Member # 32105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkey_see_monkey_do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really reassuring to hear [Smile] [Smile]

Is it also normal for it to not retract over the head when the penis is erect?

And I'll whip my *** into shape to get a screening [Smile]

--------------------

...Simpson

Posts: 15 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkey_see_monkey_do
Neophyte
Member # 32105

Ok, I went to the loo today, and it's red around the end, and quite inflamed. Seems to me like an infection.

Checked out my local drop-in clinic, and theres only a drop-in session from 3-5 on Mondays, and I'm in college until 4:15, so I'll probably go tomorrow [Smile]

--------------------

...Simpson

monkey_see_monkey_do
Neophyte
Member # 32105

[ 02-25-2007, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: monkey_see_monkey_do ]

--------------------

...Simpson

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear you're getting it checked out. I know school is important and all, but something like this seems like a good reason to leave early to even ensure an appointment.

I know generally the foreskin retracts when the penis is erect, but I can think of an example of an uncirumsized one with foreskin that doesn't retract (much.) However, what you're describing sounds like it could be an infection or at least definitely worth having checked out.

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexxy_and_confused
Neophyte
Member # 32876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexxy_and_confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You especially don't want to leave it tell it is to late that would really suck [Frown] It will get worse so it is a good idea to get it checked asap [Frown]
Posts: 5 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkey_see_monkey_do
Neophyte
Member # 32105

It seems to be getting better
But I've got a doc's appointment on Thursday still =]

--------------------

...Simpson

sexxy_and_confused
Neophyte
Member # 32876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexxy_and_confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and hopefully u find it is either nothing or soomething that is easily cured
Posts: 5 | From: Alberta | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.