Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Plan B pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plan B pill
soccer21
Activist
Member # 15754

Icon 5 posted      Profile for soccer21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend took the pan B pill on the 10th for the first time because her and her boyfriend had a condom break. its now the 15th and she started to have some bleeding and was wondering if that was normal because she had he period like 2 weeks ago. I told her about this site and said i would ask for her. Shes afriad that she may be pregant or could be that thats supposed to happen. thank you!
Posts: 62 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally normal, and bleeding is not generally a symptom of pregnancy (and implantation bleeding, which is rare anyway, wouldn't happen this soon, since implantation couldn't have happened yet from a risk on the 10th).

Spotting and bleeding is a typical side effect of EC. She can always double-check the package it came with for more information on typical side effects.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68230 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccer21
Activist
Member # 15754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccer21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok thanks alot!!
Posts: 62 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccer21
Activist
Member # 15754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccer21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend is still bleeding is this normal? She said that at first it was kinda heavy, but now its slowed down. How long should ths last for?
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your friend may find it lasts until the end of this cycle, it's just hard to tell. EC is a whooping dose of hormones, so it can cause things to go a bit crazy for a while. As long as she's not bleeding heavily or having any other problems, there's nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.