Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pregenancy from fingering????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregenancy from fingering????
Coco-Fizzle1102
Neophyte
Member # 32594

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Coco-Fizzle1102     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so this is my first post, im new to this site, Hi!, lol, and i hope this is in the right group of questions, but anyways...
My boyfriend has fingered me a few times now, and im starting to worry if i can get pregnant from it if he has some sperm on his fingers from wiping it off himself from when i would masturbate for him. He doesnt go very far in or anything, and my hymen isnt broken, as far as i know, but im still unsure of what can happen. [Confused]

Posts: 3 | From: WI. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The hymen is actually quite close to the entrance of your vaginal canal, so if your boyfriend can insert his finger, your hymen is already perforated. (Most hymens are perforated anyway- how else would vaginal and menstrual fluids get out? [Smile] )

If he has sperm on his finger (like dripping wet) which he then inserts into you, you do have a pregnancy risk. Also, this presents an STI risk- have you both been tested?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI, the hymen, when it is present, isn't deep inside the vagina. It's right at the vaginal opening. So, if you menstruate, if you engage in fingering, then you can rest assured that at the very most, you have a partial hymen, and it may even be fully worn away by now.

Regardless, the hymen doesn't prevent pregnancy, even when intact.

And regardless of THAT, pregnancy from manual sex really isn't something you need to worry about unless your partner is going in there with a literal handful of semen. But ideally? handwashing before fingering you is a good idea anyway: that also helps protect you from bacterial infections, STIs and vaginal imbalances.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coco-Fizzle1102
Neophyte
Member # 32594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coco-Fizzle1102     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks alot for replying back. Its never dripping wet, i make sure his hand is wiped off on a towel before anything happens. We havent been tested yet, which sort of bothers me, because i want to make sure nothings wrong, but we're both, or were, depending on how you want to look at it, virgins, so he says that if we're both birgins we should be ok. I know thats not always true, but i dont know how to get him to go get tested without risking him getting mad or thinking im lying about being a virgin.
Posts: 3 | From: WI. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You explain to him that having had any sort of sexual activity at all with others creates a risk, and that the idea it doesn't is false.

You can also explain that you'd just feel safer and better with testing: any partner who doesn't want to support something good for you both which also makes a partner feel more at ease just plain isn't a good partner to be with.

And a partner who gets mad or accuses you of lying for asking about screenings is something to plain old get the heck AWAY from.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coco-Fizzle1102
Neophyte
Member # 32594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coco-Fizzle1102     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well neither of us has had any sort of sexual relationship with anyone else, but some people like to look at oral sex and masturbation as sex, which is fine, but some dont, so i dont know. But i dont know how to go about getting tested, whats all involved, if parents have to know, all that stuff.
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if you've never been in a sexual relationship, there are still STIs that can be present- for example, you can get oral herpes if a relative who gets cold sores gives you a kiss on the cheek.

Testing, Testing has some more information on what's done during STI testing, and testing is confidential, so your parents will not have to know.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.