Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Fingering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingering
Kate[C]
Neophyte
Member # 31631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kate[C]     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok i know sex before 16 is illegal, but is fingering? can anyone help with an answer? x
Posts: 6 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanilliShakez
Neophyte
Member # 13017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanilliShakez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Age of consent generally deals with vaginal sex. Although some states (and countries, I just noticed you're from the UK) classify oral and anal sex under this category, I'm confident in saying that age of consent deals with vaginal sex.

That being said, it's not necessarily illegal where you live. However, you may want to consider the social and emotional consequences of sexual intimacy before you start engaging in them frequently. If you're worried about it from a legal standpoint, I would guess you'd be worried about it from other standpoints too.

But to answer your question directly, I doubt it. I'm not familiar with the UK's laws on sexual consent.

Hope I could help. [Smile]

Posts: 7 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kate[C]
Neophyte
Member # 31631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kate[C]     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for the help VanilliShakez.
Posts: 6 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmileyGuy1974
Activist
Member # 31422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmileyGuy1974     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kate,

I see that you're from the UK. So, first let me state that you really should research this topic yourself, or with the help of a friend, a parent, the school nurse, a lawyer, or anyone else who can give you a certain answer.

I am from the USA and I am a lawyer. My state has an age of consent. It's 16 years of age. A person who is under the age of 16 cannot legally consent to sex.

Your question deals with "fingering," which is legally defined as Digital Penetration. Digital Penetration is sex under the law in my state. Thus, "fingering" a girl who is under the age of 16 is against the law.

Vaginal, anal, oral, digital and/or manual sex are all forms of sexual activity.

PLEASE, do the research before engaging in any sexual activity that could result in the criminal prosecution of you or your partner.

It's better to be safe, than sorry.

Posts: 71 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.