Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Signs of a STD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Signs of a STD?
Cashmere
Neophyte
Member # 25469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cashmere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I've made an appointment with my doctor, but I'm not going to be able to see her for another couple weeks and I'm freaking out a bit.
I noticed the other day that my boyfriend has a patch of bumps on the underside of his shaft, they almost look like ingrown hairs(but he doesn't have hair there). That kinda worried me, and I gave myself a look over- and I have bumps too. They look—as far as I can tell—pretty much like his except I have more and spread over a larger surface area. Of course I'm on my period and am usually a little irritated by my pads, but I feel itchier than usual. Other than being irritated raised bumps, there aren't sores, or discharge...but I don't think that itchy raised things are usual. Also freaking out because I had sex before the HPV shot was available and I could have contacted it then. I don't know what early HPV warts look like, and all the pictures I've been able to find of herpes are exceedingly scary and possibly the later, more severe stages.
I'm 5 days away from getting my final booster for the HPV shot. It would suck so badly if this was a manifestation of warts....or something else...Does anyone else have ANY ideas as to what this could be? Hopefully my doctor will be able to tell me, but in the meantime can anyone offer some kind of rationality/keep me from freaking out QUITE so much?

[ 04-27-2007, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Cashmere ]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to tell what it is just by your description of things, without looking at it, is pretty hard if not impossible to do here over the Internet.

I think your best bet is to both go see your GP (or gyn) if you're worried something might be anormal down there, just like you planned to. [Smile] Or if it's not fast enough for you then is there any faster clinics near you you could go to ?

And per how you can stop freaking out so much ? You can simply try to relax by telling yourself that you don't know yet whether it's pathological or not and that there is really no need to worry until you know for sure it is. And even by then I'm not so sure what positive effects worrying could have on you...

So, it could be worth asking yourself in what does worrying might help you. It won't change things if you got something going on : it's all past and there's not much things you still can do now other than seeing a doc about it. You're just doing the right thing that needs to be done here.

And who knows ? Maybe it's just completly normal hun and nothing to worry about ! [Smile]

[ 04-28-2007, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.