Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » climax

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: climax
happilyeverafter
Neophyte
Member # 28647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happilyeverafter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my boyfriend asked me today if the times we've had sex I've gone all the way (if I had an orgasm). However, I haven't and well, I told him the truth, I promised I would never lied about anything, plus you could tell he knew the answer. He says he doesn't know what to do and he thinks is his fault. I don't know what to do, I want to reach that level (of an orgasm) but I don't know how. Is there anything I could do or anything he could do?
Posts: 2 | From: New Jersey | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If by sex you mean vaginal sex only, then know that a lot of women do not achieve orgasm from vaginal sex, so that's perfectly normal.

Do you engage in a lot of foreplay, oral sex, manual sex, etc? Do you orgasm from that?

Are you perfectly relaxed and aroused when you have sex? Tension, anxiety, etc can definitely be a cause for lack of orgasm.

Also, if you masturbate at all, you'll have a much better feel for your body and what turns you ond and what doesn't.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can start by knowing your own body and finding what feels good for you on your own.

Check out these articles on the main site:

Masturbation

10 Things You Can Do For Your Sexual Self

This should give you a good start. You can apply what you learn from experimenting with your body to your relationship.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you not able to orgasm at all or just during sex?

To be honest, without clitoral stimulation during intercourse, penetration alone probably won't produce an orgasm. Its just how us women are made. The vaginal canal doesn't have many nerve endings. Our clitoris is the only organ that was made ONLY for sexual purposes. So your best bet for achieving orgasm is to focus on that.

Sex doesn't have to be limited to just penetration. Explore other avenues of sex (oral, manual etc). Try to incorporate those things before, during, and after actual intercourse.

I know this is a big blow to your boyfriend's ego. Just try to explain that it has nothing to do with him, its just a matter of anatomy. (I've had this same conversation with my boyfriend [Smile] )
Good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.