Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pain in ovary area??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pain in ovary area??
justfriendsx3
Neophyte
Member # 29045

Icon 5 posted      Profile for justfriendsx3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and i have been having sex frequently and have recently been changing postings a lot and trying lots of new things.
but the other day i started to feel a kind of pain in my lower abdomen area around where i think my ovaries would be.
i know for a fact that neither my boyfriend nor i have any STDs and we've had sex so many times before and nothing like this has ever happened.
also, where the pain is, there is swelling and there are two lumps on either side diagonally down from my hips.

so i was wondering if this has anything to do with the new postitions we've been trying with sex. it never hurt when we had sex and i never bled or anything like that. but i'm just concerned it might be something serious.
please help!!!!!

Posts: 5 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You really should see your doctor ASAP. Swelling is a sign of something definitely WRONG.

Also, you say that you're sure you two have no STDs -- have you had at least two screenings each, at least 6 months apart? If not, you cannot be sure that neither of you is infected.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to second what daria said - swelling is a sign that there is something wrong, and you need to see a doctor. While you're there, if you're nt up to date with your screenings and gyn exams, you can get that taken care of as well. In addition, if your boyfriend isn't up to date, it's a good idea for him to get tested as well.

Until you get this cleared up, might also be a good idea to hold off on the sex.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.