Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » too much sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: too much sex
blackslipper
Neophyte
Member # 29151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have sex 1-3 times a day and my friend was telling me that i can get cervical cancer. i was wondering if that was true, and if there are any other side effects that are harmful to my body, and health.
Posts: 4 | From: santa maria | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, are you having protected sex when you do? Getting annual STI screenings and exams? Is your partner? If not, then yes, you're at risk for a whole host of ills, and as a result of young women's cervical cells not being fully matured and HPV risks, cervical cancer is a risk.

Is all the sex you're having sex you WANT to be having? If it is, are you also having time enough given all that to accomplish everything else you want to in a day and in your life? Based on your profile, you're 16: you likely don't have your own place, so at the risk of sounding silly, how are you even finding the time, especially for sex which is mutually beneficial?

[ 06-01-2006, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Miz Scarlet ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackslipper
Neophyte
Member # 29151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Miz Scarlet, I am having protected sex and i want to be having it, and its not taking up too much of my time. all i asked for was an answer to my question, not judgement. so, based on the info ive given you, protected sex and all, is the amount of sex i am having healthy?
Posts: 4 | From: santa maria | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's sex that you want to be having (and are enjoying), if it's protected, and if you have the time to make it enjoyable for both partners, then yes it is healthy.

Please watch your tone - Miz S was not judging you, it's simply part of what we do here to make sure that people are leading healthy sex lives, emotionally and mentally, not just physically. In future, if you have a problem with a response you've been given, take it to email: boards@scarleteen.com.

[ 06-02-2006, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5661 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.