Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » somebody please help me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: somebody please help me!
x0xAlyssa
Neophyte
Member # 27602

Icon 9 posted      Profile for x0xAlyssa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure everyone hear has hear variations about what I am about to ask you guys about but here it goes. I's 14 years old and I have a friend who I mess around with who is about 16 and I think he wants to take it to the next step, and I want to and everything but I don't know what to expect of it and if it would hurt or anything like that. We've been talking about it and he promised since its my first time he would take it slow and everything, but I just don't know. Somebody please help me on what I should do. Thanks so much. Alyssa <3
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to scarleteen!

I'm going to link you to some articles here, as they'll answer your question perfectly--That's why we have them.

First off, are you completely sure you're ready? Use our checklist, Ready or Not?, to help you decide for yourself. Remember, you're 14, and there's no rush.

Secondly, First Intercourse 101 will provide you with some general information.

Also, you didn't give your location, but be aware that there are only 3 states in the US that have an age-of-consent at 14 (Iowa, Missouri, and South Carolina). This means he can get in a lot of legal trouble if someone presses charges. Is that a risk you're willing to take?

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0xAlyssa
Neophyte
Member # 27602

Icon 10 posted      Profile for x0xAlyssa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i live in florida so i guess it makes it illegal. but like im afriad because we now just sort of told eachother we really liked eachother and now are dating. so i dont know what i should do now! i feel ready like i checked the thing you sent and i talk to my cousin about and she told me she lost it at about my age. can you try and help me please?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no time frame on first sexual experience. Mine was 15, though I was 17 before I had intercourse. We have users on here that are well into their twenties and have yet to have partnered sexual experiences.

Really, there's no rush. While waiting two years seems like an eternity, there's a lot of growing up, maturing, and general attitude changes that will occur in that time frame. I encourage you to think strongly about all that, and browse the main page and read the articles. Think about it long and hard, then decide for yourself.

The legal advice still stands, however. If convicted, your partner would have to register as a sex offender. While it may be a good idea now, it can have life-long consequences.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.