Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » moving too fast?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: moving too fast?
bj4jos
Neophyte
Member # 26324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bj4jos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi me and my bf have been friends for about 4 months but been atracted to each other more n more as the days went on we started dating on the 19th of november we really luv each other n wanna be together for a very long time we both talked about having sex soon we both feel its rite so i was wondering would having sex so soon ruin our relationship by moving too fast or will it make it better?
Posts: 22 | From: Newcastle,New South Wales,Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Miz Cleo (the psychic) is in jail now...at any rate, we don't currently employ a psychic at this time.

Seriously though...you've asked a question that is impossible to answer. Sex does different things to different relationships. It varies from couple to couple and situation to situation. So will becoming sexually active have some affect on your relationship? Yeah, quite likely it will. Will that affect be positive or negative? Yes, no, maybe...who knows?

I'd suggest you check out some of the articles here on the site:
Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist
First Intercourse 101
Safe, Sound & Sexy : A Safer Sex How-To

Then think about your relationshp and where you are personally in your life right now. You are the only one who can decide whether or not now is the time for you to be sexually active.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.